Boundaries during a break?

How many people here are still in good terms with an ex if you still have feelings for each other and talk on a daily basis? It's not the first time me and my gf/ex decide to spend time apart but it feels like it gets longer each time. She basically told me that she needed some time alone cz of the conflicting hours (we are in a long distance relationship) and she feels neglected cz of my career (i'm relatively new in my enterprise so I'm trying to make a name for myself).

It's not that that I care less about her but I need to put on the hours at the job if I want to be able to offer the kind of future I want for us and that's probably the main reason why we argue. I know I'm not perfect but I'm not a bad guy either.

Does anyone has intels on how to deal with breaks like this?

Do you believe in getting back together after breaks or are you the one and done type?

And if you went back together, what changes did you bring to make things better?

• Never worked for me/ One and done
  • Worked things out

11

What Girls Said 1

• I personally think you should be one and done, maybe in some cases you can give it a second chance... providing both people are willing to work at it and make comprimises. But that's the most I will give, cause otherwise you end up on the emotional rollercoaster that is on/off relationships.

What Guys Said 1

• My current wife and I separated about 6-7 years ago for about 2 months. We ended up getting back together because she was pregnant, later got married, and have been together ever since. So I would say second chances can be worth it.

The thing is though, my wife admitted to doing something during our break that I wish I didn't know. Something that goes against every moral and value she has and preaches to me today (and even back then). So it surprised me, it hurt me, and it still hurts today. But, we were technically separated so I can't hold it against it really. I just try not to think about it.