Have you ever NOT regretted reaching out to an ex?

Considering reaching out to one and it’s been almost 2 years. I did a Halloween activity yesterday that reminded me of her.

Just to catch up.
  • Yes - I was nervous but it helped with something
  • No - I regretted it regardless of my intentions.
Hey this has nothing to do with getting her back. I know that door was slammed shut a long time ago. It’s about reconciling and getting closure.

85

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to like somebody and he didn't like me. Later on he liked me but I ignored him because I believed I could do better. He was a virgin when I met him and at the time he returned interest in dating me he had already slept with 4 woman and I was still a virgin and I thought he was damaged goods.

• so how does this relate to the question? Did you reach out to him? So is he "damaged goods" because he slept with four other women? Weird story you got.

Most Helpful Guy

• In 2007-2008, I dated a woman who was originally from the Ukraine. She was a very nice lady, affectionate, and pretty. Unfortunately, she had to relocate about four hours away from where I live. In 2015, I visited her for Valentine's Day. She had become an overly dedicated grandmother to her twin granddaughters; she thinks that her daughter and son-on-law are not good parents and that only she can provide the proper care for these two girls. Because of that, Oksana was unwilling to leave them even for just a weekend visit to me in my hometown. Otherwise, we enjoyed our time together and the old feelings were just as strong.

Last November, I visited her again but her insane dedication had not resolved. She spent one night together and then said our goodbyes. I doubt that I will ever see her again. In February this year, I started dating my current girlfriend (a Mohican) and we are now living together. If this works out - as I hope it will - I will never again see Miss Oksana. . . but I have absolutely no regrets about reaching out to reconnect with her.

• I want to reach out to an ex for closure purposes. But I gave my word two years ago in a final email that I would never contact her again.

I’m a man of my word and I don’t want to break it. But the thought of this has been gnawing at me for a very long time.

• Reach out and old feelings come flooding back, she rejects you, and you again experience heart break.

• This by far the longest I’ve gone without contacting her. She also knows where I stand because I was brutally honest in my last email about just wanting closure and not wanting her back. Before that I attempted to start a friendly dialogue to get to that point but it didn’t work.