How do you recover and rebuild your life after a bad marriage?

I’ve only been married 10 months but it seems to be coming to an end. I’m 22 and married way too young, and I want a divorce and to move on with my life.

How do you recover and clean up the mess in your life after a divorce? How do you stop obsessing over the fact your ex will be dating other people and they too move on with their life?

What was the hardest part of divorce? Did you remarry, or did you ever want to marry again?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Can I ask why you're getting divorced?

0|0
    0|0
    • Relationship fell apart, I don’t think it was there to begin with. Lack of respect, immaturity, broken communication and different levels of ambition. So many more things. Basically everything bad that could happen did

• Show All
    • Before getting married

• Three years! It’s my fault, the signs were there but I didn’t realize how bad he actually was. I was too in love with him... it sucks

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• You're worried about rebuilding your life? You're only 22. You should start by taking comfort in the fact that things failed sooner than later. Talk with your friends, a therapist, a priest, and try to find new hobbies and ways to occupy your time.

Best of luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Jeez, yep 22 is an early age to marry. Go to talk with your friends and avoid thougts about the past.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sounds like you made a mistake how long were you together before you were married?

0|0
    0|0
  • Let it hurt, and let them go. They moved on you deserve to also.

0|0
    0|0
  • at least you didn't have kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're really unhappy and looking to get out, there would be no obsessing whatsoever about what your ex does after you are gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called get the fuck over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • wow, already? why did you get married in the first place?

0|0
    0|0
    • I thought it meant our relationship was gettting stronger, we were ready for the next level. But he’s made it clear from the start he regrets it. Maybe it was him saying he wanted a divorce 10 times in our first 6 months

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes