How long does it take to get over an ex?

It’s been at least almost 2 years and I’m still not a little bit over my ex. Any tips you can give to me to get me over them completely?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Never.
    If you really loved someone you never get over that. EVER. DAMHIK.
    You replace old memories with new ones, so go out and date, move on with your life, work on making yourself the very best YOU that you can be.
    You'll replace your memories but the old ones never go away. Dont' give them more due than they're worth. In other words, don't short change YOURSELF.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• it varies tbh as depends on many factors

your ability to cope without them
    your connection to them
    how strong the relationship was
    the details of why you broke up
    the details of how you broke up
    if you still have to see them either on a daily basis or regular/irregular basis

and how badly you were hurt and why

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand you. He will fade away eventually but he will always leave a good impression in your heart. That is what it matters. It was a wonderful experience. Getting back to your ex. You may be hoping for too much> Fate is fate

1|0
    0|0
  • They usually say it takes about as long as it doe when you were dating to be able to get over them. But everyone is different. It could be sooner or could be later

1|0
    0|0
  • It takes as long as it takes. if you're in contact or seeing things that remind you of them, that can prolong it. Try minimizing that and see a therapist.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is not an specific time but if you feel like you can't manage the break up, you should get mental health support.

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends, some people never get over completly. Give it time. See other guys.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty much a case of having no contact with them and then just allowing enough time to pass. No shortcuts on this sadly πŸ˜•

0|0
    0|0
  • it takes till you meet a person who's better than who your ex was

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it takes around 6 months

1|0
    0|0
    • Tips: materialize and objectify him. Put the idea of him into q concept. That can for example be a song that reminds you of him. Delete that song from your life for let's say a few months. Or maybe it could be something you're writing. Any thought you have of him, write it down. When the thought is on paper, your subconscious will interpret it as not a part of your system anymore.

Another tip:

• Oops, something happened with the enter bottom

• Once you meet a better person

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Give yourself time. People move on at difference paces. Take it one day at a time and give yourself no time frame. Allow yourself to grieve

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an ex. I i have sex only with one boyfriend till now.

0|0
    0|1
  • Love yourself. 😘

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes