He Want to Take a Break for His Grades?

Ok, Look. We've been taking for a few months now and recently he claims that his dad is threatening him with boot camp if he doesn't get his grades up. After talking over the phone for an hour he decides that we should separate until my birthday which is in 3 months. I told him choose what's best for him and he said that was. I've been in tears since. He says he still loves me and he's sorry a lot and that we won't forget me and we will get back but I can't help but feel like its a lie. Should I believe Him? And How should I act around him now? We sit next to each other in a class?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• you know, sometimes grades are pretty important, especially if it's for college or in general. the thing is, if he says he wants a break, then take it, focus on yourself a bit more. that means that the relationship is open, for now. meaning if he chooses to hook up with another girl he can. if he calls you to hook up on a whim, don't, because that will give him more of a reason to take even a longer break, and you may be put in the position of friends with benefits. granted he is a good guy, they say distance makes the heart go fonder, so try sitting in a different spot, meet new people. Act the way you would normally act around him just minus the affection. Try not being in contact with him for a while, and prepare yourself for the worst case scenario.

What Guys Said 1

• Look at his mannerisms to see if he's telling the truth. If he's still nice to you and still wants to talk(actually being friends) then he's being legitimate about his issue, and he probably does love you. In which case you shouldn't give up on him, because he will most likely come back. If he doesn't try and make conversation and is kind but not neccessairily nice, then you might want to talk with him. But even if he is the latter, don't pressure him or accuse him of anything, because that's just how some people are. Talk with him, take note of how he acts around you, and you'll probably find the answer.

What Girls Said 1

• That is weird...it would be one thing if you lived far away from each other, but the fact that you are seeing him all the time anyway makes it seem kind of suspicious, like he's stringing you along to weigh all his options without committing. I'd watch out.