What are some reasons you have wanted to stay friends with an ex?

How long did you date them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In the past I used to think as adults we were mature enough to bury feelings and get along as friends when we became exes, because having an expanded network of friends is mutually beneficial. Wrong. Now the rule is break up and cut them off completely. No reason for drama, no friends, just no.

0|0
    0|0
    • What made you realize this?

• Show All
    • That’s super confusing. How can he not feel anything for you but enjoy your company? Does ‘enjoy your company’ equate to ‘likes sex with you’? Because then he basically wants to be FTFs. Just say no and block him, because I bet if you don’t either you will either have sex as friends or be annoyed by him trying to get with you again in 2019 and beyond.

• Yeah it is confusing. He supposedly enjoys my company, says all these great things about me, the nicest most understanding girl he's ever dated, but doesn't feel like the spark is there. I have nothing against the guy, he never disrespected me once and just felt like he needed to be honest as to not lead me on into thinking there is a future

• A few just got attached (dated/lived together one year, one six months) but we never were compatible. Another ex that I went with for just about a month turned into a best friend and still gives me a big hug every time she sees me. You just don't know, some bonds form that never go away.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My ex is trying to remain 'friends' with me, after I made him clear we're not getting back as lovers. Now he's acting pathetic af tryna give me advices about boys and calling every boy out there a 'dick'.

0|1
    0|0
  • my ex dumped me wanted to stay as friends, it didn't work out he was jealous of any guy I would talk to so I decided to stop talking to him and blocked his number

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• We lived a lot of things together and ended in good terms. It wasn't easy, and we are not close friends. The relationahip lasted 3 years, everything started in a chat room and everything ended online.

Some things are not possible even if you force it to be so, and she and I realized whatever plans we had they weren't gonna become reality anytime soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every single time they asked me to stay friends with them, then their new boyfriend tell them they can't be friends with me. Other men yes but I get singled out and told no you can't talk to him

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if you genuinely want thm to be frnds or jst to create a liten the breakup atmosphere and slowly grow distinct
    Some times the person being dumped may say that with hope of future relationships
    And some times it could be jst an meaningless curtusy

0|0
    0|0
  • Should be able to stay friends wirh everyone. There is no reason to have ill will. Forgive and forget

2|0
    0|0
  • I still have an emotional attachment to her, but I know it's best if I don't contact her anymore, so I'm trying not to

0|0
    0|0
  • If you had kids together you can try but it would never and never has worked for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • So I could drift in and out of her life using her as a backup plan when I couldn’t find someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • When she didn't become a girlfriend because of her tits

0|0
    0|0
  • They make better friends than girlfriend or for others vise versa.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is absolutely no valid reason

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Really when children are involved, or it finished amicably

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't talk to exes. Every ex of mine has contacted me for sex or some other ulterior motive. I don't date guys who talk to exes either. Major deal-breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • We dated for a year and a half, and I really wanted to stay friends because I still loved him and would give anything to talk to him. Now I've moved on and we're not friends anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • He didn't stop reaching out even after I did so I decided to keep him as a casual friend. We get along great.

Dated for 8 months

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the feelings never went away. But I knew there was a line I couldn’t cross and boundaries that couldn’t be broken. Still in love with him to this day. We were together for a year!

0|0
    0|0
  • For sex and conversations when im bored thats my only two

0|0
    0|0
  • Never wanted to be Bcoz I know it won't work

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe if you had kids with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Not friends, but fuck buddies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Staying friends is not possible

0|0
    0|0
    • Have you tried? What went wrong?

• Its like a retrograde. You once shared 50 % friendship, plus 50% intimacy now you share the 50% friendship wich is obviously half as good as a genuine friendship. And wait to see him with the new girlfriend and the new activities they share together now. You both obviously diint end the relationship to start a new one without an upgrade. Im not saying the next girls will be better than you but there's a least one mistake he won't repeat with her... So think twice you need a new friend or you are attached?

Recommended myTakes