What are some reasons you have wanted to stay friends with an ex?

How long did you date them?

1218

Most Helpful Guys

• In the past I used to think as adults we were mature enough to bury feelings and get along as friends when we became exes, because having an expanded network of friends is mutually beneficial. Wrong. Now the rule is break up and cut them off completely. No reason for drama, no friends, just no.

• What made you realize this?

• That’s super confusing. How can he not feel anything for you but enjoy your company? Does ‘enjoy your company’ equate to ‘likes sex with you’? Because then he basically wants to be FTFs. Just say no and block him, because I bet if you don’t either you will either have sex as friends or be annoyed by him trying to get with you again in 2019 and beyond.

• Yeah it is confusing. He supposedly enjoys my company, says all these great things about me, the nicest most understanding girl he's ever dated, but doesn't feel like the spark is there. I have nothing against the guy, he never disrespected me once and just felt like he needed to be honest as to not lead me on into thinking there is a future

• A few just got attached (dated/lived together one year, one six months) but we never were compatible. Another ex that I went with for just about a month turned into a best friend and still gives me a big hug every time she sees me. You just don't know, some bonds form that never go away.

Most Helpful Girls

• My ex is trying to remain 'friends' with me, after I made him clear we're not getting back as lovers. Now he's acting pathetic af tryna give me advices about boys and calling every boy out there a 'dick'.

• my ex dumped me wanted to stay as friends, it didn't work out he was jealous of any guy I would talk to so I decided to stop talking to him and blocked his number