Soooo am I being a bitch? Or no?

So my boyfriend and I have been together 4 years have our own place together etc etc but lately I guess I wouldn’t even say lately but past two years have been HARD with money and just ya kinda fighting last year he didn’t even take the time to get me a birthday present. I can’t remember if it was because we didn’t have money or not probably didn’t have a lot this year ONCE AGAIN we don’t have any money he told me he would take care of the bills so my paycheck could go to myself for once in my life but no I payed both of our insurance because it automatically came out of my check and normally it comes out of his. So for my birthday I have a whopping 100 dollars and some of that goes to gas and food. I just don’t understand I’m 24 years old and I see other girls get spoiled nope not me I pay half rent and half the bills he does pay my phone bill and insurance SOMETIMES. Also told me he would get my car tags he says he’s paid for them well my car has had expired tags for 2 months now and says I can’t go get them for some crazy reason only he can anyways am I being a bitch because I feel done doing this I feel like I never have money for myself and it’s not like this is new it’s been going on for two years.

111

Most Helpful Guys

• Sounds like you are blaming him for both if your problems. You'll both mad more money as your careers progress, some people don't land a high paying job straight away. So yes, you are being a bit of a bitch. For example I moved in with my girlfriend right after uni, we were stone broke... Couldn't afford heating because it was oil and minimum order was £500. So we kept each other warm, ate simple food and things got better. Weirdly it still feels like one of the happiest times of my life though because we were very, very happy and didn't have anything.

• Welcome to adulthood and actual responsibility. Unfortunately, what you're experiencing is
    how life works for many many people. You're not alone at all!

1. Dont compare yourself to anyone else. Their circumstances are different.

2. Some people make more money than others. Its not a crime, get used it it.

3. Your boyfriend needs to be a bit more responsible too. If he says he's going to do something, then he'd better step up and do it or keep his mouth shut about what he says he'll pay (vehicle registration - that's a serious issue that needs to be addressed ASAP or it'll cost you a LOT more $ that you don't have).

4. Your B'day is important to you (my wife too). I struggle each year what to get her. Last year I (FINALLY, after 3 years) gave her a jewelry cabinet I built. This year she's getting an $80 watch. Your boyfriend needs to pay attention and make sure he does "something" that shows he's thinking about you.

5. Money isn't everything, but it definitely helps make life a LOT easier. I've been at both spectrums. Being poor sucks, but I learned to make do with what little I had.

You could be less whiny about your situation, but I totally understand your frustration and what seems to be a never ending "short on money" life. Truth me, things WILL get better. Just hang in there and do your best with what you have.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay why would you think that your paycheck should be kept for yourself? Why do you think you can expect your boyfriend to keep you he is not your parent? GET A SECOND JOB !!!
    Make something for yourself?

• Only for my birthday? It’s not a every week thing

• And honestly that’s a great idea my paychecks are around 1,000 a part time job for me would be like bar tending but he won’t let me do that 🤣💀

• Q
      what he won't let you? No you are your own person