Most Helpful Guys
Welcome to adulthood and actual responsibility. Unfortunately, what you're experiencing is
how life works for many many people. You're not alone at all!
1. Dont compare yourself to anyone else. Their circumstances are different.
2. Some people make more money than others. Its not a crime, get used it it.
3. Your boyfriend needs to be a bit more responsible too. If he says he's going to do something, then he'd better step up and do it or keep his mouth shut about what he says he'll pay (vehicle registration - that's a serious issue that needs to be addressed ASAP or it'll cost you a LOT more $ that you don't have).
4. Your B'day is important to you (my wife too). I struggle each year what to get her. Last year I (FINALLY, after 3 years) gave her a jewelry cabinet I built. This year she's getting an $80 watch. Your boyfriend needs to pay attention and make sure he does "something" that shows he's thinking about you.
5. Money isn't everything, but it definitely helps make life a LOT easier. I've been at both spectrums. Being poor sucks, but I learned to make do with what little I had.
You could be less whiny about your situation, but I totally understand your frustration and what seems to be a never ending "short on money" life. Truth me, things WILL get better. Just hang in there and do your best with what you have.
Sounds like you are blaming him for both if your problems. You'll both mad more money as your careers progress, some people don't land a high paying job straight away. So yes, you are being a bit of a bitch. For example I moved in with my girlfriend right after uni, we were stone broke... Couldn't afford heating because it was oil and minimum order was £500. So we kept each other warm, ate simple food and things got better. Weirdly it still feels like one of the happiest times of my life though because we were very, very happy and didn't have anything.