How long before proposing?

We have been dating for a little over 2 years. Living together for 2 years. Just wondering how long is it normal to wait to propose? I feel like he’s sooo slow and wondering if it’s because he’s doubting us or if I’m just in a hurry. I’m 24 and he’s 26, almost 27. We have talked about kids and are thinking about having them soon (ish). We have talked about a wedding too but he isn’t popping the question. I’m I just too fast or is he slow? Considering we have been living together for two years and are planning on having kids in the next year or two.

• You are taking things wayyy too fast
    Vote A
  • He’s just slow
    Vote B
  • I want to see the results.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say take things easy and relax and enjoy what you have right now but hell if he gets to a point where you think it's going to slow and you're really want to push that and it seems like a good idea to you why don't you just proposed to him.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think he would like it if I proposes to him. I know he wants to propose but he hasn’t done it yet.

• Show All
    • Best of luck hope everything goes well for you guys.

• Thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Might feel a little but that’s ok. All good things come to those who wait. Trust me I’m the least patient person I’ve ever met lol but it will happen

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• 4 years total, or just the past 2 years? I didn't date much before meeting my ex, got married at 26. At that age I was focused on job and friends... I loved her but didn't realize she wasn't right for me. I was still measuring things based on how my parents were. I didn't know enough of my needs, and what true compatability was. I didn't take seriously the fact that she didn't truly love herself. Anyway, after a few of the better months I proposed, and divorced after 13years of marriage. Her not loving or truly knowing herself ballooned into a really difficult situation... mind you this woman pressured me for marriage despite not truly being a happy person. Not the reason I proposed, but an example where people will engage in marriage talk when neither is really ready.

I'm all for having the tough conversations when they need to be had. It's a muscle in a relationship that needs to be kept in shape!

I recommend a few things for you
    1) wait until after new years, proposals are common during holidays
    2) reflect on yours and his personal dreams. Have you compromised any of your personal (not couple) dreams by investing in this person? Sometimes one can be in love, but feel their dreams may be compromised if they marry/ kids too early. This is definitely something to talk about with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why doe she have to propose? Why not leave the government out of your relationship? If you truly love him, you will never force/ manipulate him into marrying you. It is nothing sort of a terrorist act towards men anyways.

0|0
    2|0
    • 😂😂😂👏🏻

• Show All
    • Single grumpy guy that never found love. Sorry for you.

• Nope, found love, she died 4 years ago. I struggle every day to find a reason to continue on, so your lame ass insult and little jabs are more of a chuckle than anything else.
      You have not answered the questions posed to you though.

"Why does he have to propose? Why not leave the government out of your relationship? If you truly love him, you will never force/ manipulate him into marrying you. It is nothing sort of a terrorist act towards men anyways."
      I'll pose yet another question that you are obviously to afraid to answer.
      What is the hurry?

• Have you made it clear that you want to be married before you get pregnant?

0|0
    0|0
    • We have talked about it and he was more towards getting married before having kids than I was.

• So getting married is not so important to you? Now I'm confused.

• Being married is important to me. But I didn’t mind just being engaged before having kids and get married once we have kids. But I have been hinting about a ring for the past... year maybe. And nothing.

• l can understand l would love kids as well and to get married l would do it all today

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes