Would you get upset if your ex moved on faster than you did? Why or why not?

Why would one get in their feelings about their ex moving on? A break up is a break up. Not everyone wants to move at a slower pace.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Why would you have any feelings about what an ex does or doesn't do?
    There has to be more to this story.

0|1
    0|0
    • There’s no story...

• Women are biologically programmed to move on to a next partner. They had to through history - wars were fought, villages were take over, tribesmen conquered. The women had to take up with a new man if she was going to survive.

Men love idealistically.
      Women love opportunistically.

There's a basic difference in how they view romance and what it means to them. A woman is only loyal as long as it suits them. Any action can be justified in their mind.

For an ex, just move on. It failed for good reason - just be thankful that it happened and not continued in a wrong direction. Consider you dodged a huge bullet.

• The question isn’t about me... or ‘why’ women specifically would move on.
      But thanks for your response

• I would not. Mainly because when we break up I want to cut off all contact with them and cut them out of my life. Except in rare cases, that person no longer brings value to my life and I could care less how quickly they move on. I used to believe in trying to remind friends after becoming exes but it's just too complicated.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Mine moved on really quickly, and it actually helped me move on as well because I kept thinking it didn't matter to him anyway so why waste my time

1|0
    0|0
  • Well there's a lot of factors that play into it.
    How long ago was the break up?
    Who broke up with who?
    And define “quickly” weeks? Months?
    For example, if a guy dumped me and moved on quickly I would have a right to be upset

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I am never upset over that because I always expect it. Every ex I have had has already had a new guy waiting and I hear the same story over and over again from other men. A big part of the reason they break up with guys is they have found someone else. Yes it can hurt to see your ex happy with someone else but you have to get over it and get over it fast... for your own sake.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got upset the last time. It didn't help the situation any more than reliving old memories did. Or escapes into fantasy-land.

I doubt I'll have another ex. If I do, I won't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will be really happy coz if he or she doesn't wanna be with his or her bf/gf then it's better to move on and find happiness as soon as possible... that will keep his or her mental state in good condition for his or her future

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't be upset at all when I'm done I'm done that they're not my problem anymore that's somebody else's problem. At that point she can hall garbage and a coochie if she wants

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure i'd care. The relationship is over. Whatever they get up to is up to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No who cares about them I have my own life if anything it shows they don’t love as much as me and it makes me happy to get rid of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I could care less... if we moved on and there was no chance.. than I wouldn’t waste my time worrying about what I couldn’t control

0|0
    0|0
  • yup, because then i'll realize that she didn't loved me that much, as much as i did

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope who cares who's screwing her xD if a person has kids with an ex partner or spouse I can see some jealousy being present

0|0
    0|0
  • If I ever broke up with somebody, they are out of my life, good riddence

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't get upset. Everyone moves at their own pace.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Good luck to them. I would be mad at myself for holding on too long

0|0
    0|0
  • In my dating days I would deliberately move on quickly. Nice to feel confident.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because to me that's like saying "Screw you, I never loved you"

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't you already be upset if you haven't moved on yet?

0|0
    0|0
  • No I won't, and I wouldn't care what she is doing

1|0
    0|0
    • Random question but Did you have a Rabb. it account?

• Show All
    • Hahahaha I see now XD

No worries, and not sure what rabbit is :p

• Lol then it's cool 😚

• Nope
    it is over, I will find my way in the end

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not but I could see how it would

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, she probably did

0|0
    0|0
  • NO Id want her happiness 1st

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• I wouldn’t care that they moved on faster in comparison to myself, but depending on how quickly they move on in general can be disrespectful. Being dumped and having your recent ex move on in a matter of weeks hurts. A lot. It’s not so much the new relationship, it’s what it says about how much the truly cared (or didn’t in this case) about you. You don’t move on that quickly from someone you truly loved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, he's an ex. You're not supposed to care anymore.

2|1
    0|0
    • It's not about what's "supposed to" happen. If it was that easy, we'd all be emotionless robots.

• I don't really care what you think. I'm telling you how I work.

• yes bc for me that just goes to show that they didn’t love or appreciate me as much as I did. I believe that if you truly loved someone it takes a while to love on and if they moved on in a short period of time I’d definitely be offended

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a little but I feel like I'd move on fast too. Maybe not rush into a relationship but definitely not care for them anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • i did get mad when my ex fiancee met a woman his age and got married.. and she got prego the month after they married...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it just means they were not really into you

0|0
    0|0
  • That question wouldn't crop up coz I'd not care to know if they moved on or not

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how much I loved him, how close we were and how long we've been together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Preach

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't care what he does.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care