How did you know she/he was the one for you?

My only question is how do you know the one you're with is the one? I've been talking to this guy for months now and we have fallen in love, I don't know if it is real love or fake. Anyone with experience about love on here? Please let me know how you knew the one you're with was the one for you. Thank You.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been buddies with this guy for a year before we started dating, and we dated for three years. I loved this guy with all of my heart. And I'm pretty sure there was a point in time when he did also love me too in those three years we were together. The first two years of our relationship was everything a girl can ask for. We actually did talk about getting married and having kids a couple of times during our relationship. Who would have known the third year we were dating, he would have started messing with other girls on me?

From my three-year relationsip to a big heartbreak in the end, I learned that there's no telling whether or not a person will be 'the one'. Instead of worrying about whether or not your man is 'the one', live the moment with him and enjoy his company. If it comes down to a heartbreak in the end (which we all hope won't happen!), you won't dwell on the fact that you THOUGHT he was the one, but instead have bittersweet memories of a guy and hope for a better guy in the future.

What Guys Said 1

• She's perfect, my little friend. I wrote her poems, made her smile
    We're not together and it kills me, she's the one I want

• Also I've loved someone else but not anymore, even though I cared about her deeply
      I've never stopped loving the other person, the love endures

What Girls Said 2

• i feel like when it happens, you just know. just the cliche idea of wanting that person to always be the first person you see when you wake up and the last before you go to sleep. like, when something good happens they're the first person you want to tell; someone who's become your best friend. Someone you can't imagine disappearing from your life.

• i don't have the answer to your question but I am going through the same thing!