Why do some men move on so easily after a breakup?

My ex and I broke up just over a year ago. We were together for 1 year and the relationship was very serious for us both. It was the first time he had told anyone he loved them and my second. In the end he had become very wishy washy and broke up with me because he said he was unsure of his feelings and later said it was because of fear of being in love for the first time. He kind of dragged me about for a few weeks blowing hot and cold, and even after he broke up with me came back periodically for 6 months saying he had made the biggest mistake of his life letting me go. But I just couldn't recommit to someone fairweather and unstable with his feelings, and really needed to rebuild myself.

Now 6 months later of no contact, I contacted him to get some final things off my chest emotionally and he told me he got over us and is now in a new relationship with someone he "truly cares about"... I am in shock. For someone that was so certain of his love for me, he moved on in no time at all it seems. Were his strong feelings for me ever real and if so how do some men move on so quickly?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Honestly doesn’t even sound like he really loved you. What he felt for you at the time he may have co fused w love. I think this girl he’s w now was already in his menu when he was w you. He sounds like he’s full of it, “fear of being in love for the first time” was just a poor excuse to get to this other girl. I could understand if he had been w someone before like myself for about 3 years, then she chested in me. To which for a number of years I broke up w girls I really like in fear of it happening again. But this doesn’t sound like the case. Now women may tend to think we get over relationship ships quicker then women, which isn’t always true especially if he a man really loved someone. We’re just better at not really showing it cause we’ve been programmed to be a “man.” Trust me it doesn’t go away that easy, I know took me years to get over that one girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes people change. Sometimes people grow out of their previous emotions. Or sometimes people are just good at coming to terms that a relationship is over, and they move on. The grieving process for some people is much shorter than others.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I move on quickly but this sounds like he was and is still very immature and unaware of real love. It's not a reflection of your inability to be loved, it's his inability to love. It's not easy but know he wasn't worthy of you and someone some day will be.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• The same reason a lot of women can move on so fast. Some people have a switch in their head for feelings that they can switch off whenever it suits them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not, If at first you dont succeed you get up and try again. Men dont wallow in self pity and sadness like most women do. We get over it and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • His feelings were true that time but us men get bored so thats why he broke up with you and yes we move on quickly if we are the one who want to end the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Thrre’s A certain point where logic trumps emotion. Eventually, you just tell yourself it’s just not worth it

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's like jalapeno juice. I'm all good and great at first, but everything goes downhill from there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men in love dont move on quickly, he never loved you

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, same with girls.
    Some move on, real quick.
    You will move on, give it time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we all know females ain't loyal so we don't catch feelings and that helps us move on faster

0|0
    0|0
  • because we aren't emotionally weak like women.

0|0
    0|1
  • TBH he never loved you. I don't think he ever experience true love.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I bet he confused the feelings he had for u with love

And i can't tell u for sure that he is not doing the same with his current girlfriend

Some people dk what love is yet. And some like to jump from relationship to relationship always searching for a new high, the more real love... when in fact they never felt love at all.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes