Why does my ex suddenly hate me after 15 years of us breaking up?

We’re 36 years old. We dated when we were 20 years old for a little over 3 years. When we break up, we remained good friends. We called each other about once every week and traveled together twice after we broke up. He moved away for college and I visited him once as a friend. Fast forward, about 9 years ago, his dad passed away and I never heard from him again. I heard that he had some mental issue and alcohol abuse. I tried to reach out but heard nothing. I was deeply worried. Yesterday, 9 years later, he appeared out of nowhere on Facebook and announced he is engaged and getting married in 3 months. He posted some pictures with his fiancee and I was happy to find out he’s alive and is doing well. I’m married with 2 kids by the way. Anyone, I sent him my cogratulation via facebook message and he replied with a 6 paragraphs long reply saying how he never like me, our 3 years together was the worst 3 years of his life blah blah. Why is he suddenly saying all this after disappearing 9 years ago? We were very good friend for 6 years after we broke up.
4
1