Talking to my ex again?

Just wondering what people thought about me talking to my ex again, as friends. I just think that it's kind of dumb or immature to not talk again after the break up.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think its a bad thing depending on who initiated the break up and the contact again? So long as you don't expect too much from it...In my situation my ex initiated the break up and wanted to be friends I found it hard and we do have contact but nothing special and nothing really regular which in a way I don't like but in a way I know is the best thing for me to help me get over him. I think until you can be sure you're over it you should try to be careful how much contact you do have as either party may get the wrong idea and end up being more hurt in the end of it.

It's not a bad idea though :)

What Guys Said 1

• depends on how strong your feelings are for them. My ex started dating another guy soon after and as much as I want to talk with her the thought of her with another guy stops me wanting to have anything to do with her!

What Girls Said 3

• I find its best to have some space from the ex, at least until you are both over each other and can avoid ex drama. It's not immature to not talk to them, it healthy and necessary... you need to be able to see the relationship and what happened clearly after a split and space is the only way to get clarity. If you have both moved on then there is no problem in talking with an ex.

• I think it's okay. Relationships are to yeah, see if you could work out but who's to say that's going to happen. Relationships are meant to make friendships too.

• it's not dumb, it's normal and human nature