What should I do, My friend just told me she slept with my ex boyfriend?

Yesterday we went out to eat and she just couldn't keep it a secret anymore and so she told me that she had slept with my ex and I felt terrible, she apologized for what she did and I honestly don't know what to do? Should I still have her as a friend?

410

Most Helpful Guys

• Well he was an ex. Technically, not much you can do. How ex was he and how much were you into him? How clear was it to her he was off limits (If she had to confess to you then obviously she knew you would object). Certainly the amount of confidence you can put in her has to be reevaluated. Also to consider is whether you are going to have enforced interactions-is she a work friend? Club friend? School friend? Old Friend? Part of a group you belong to? Do you live in a small town? Completely declaring war, even a Cold War will make all those things uncomfortable for everyone, yourself included. I think reevaluation of your friendship is in order but if you break all ties or create an enemy of her these things might be affected

• Hmm... It depends how serious uou were with that boyfriend?
    I'm trying to relate to it as if one of my guy friends told me he slept with my ex-wife.
    I wouldn't get mad, but I would think that he really doesn't give a shit about me and either does she and now I'm not ever going back to her because everything is weird now.
    I can't blame them for fucking because they obviously wanted to, but they definitely don't have any respect for me really and didn't care if it hurt me.. Not to mention now my friend is dumping this on me to get it off of his chest. Now he feels relieved and I feel like shit.
    I'd probably very calmly distance myself from both of them and move on with my life.
    That's just me though.
    Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's really up to you. Can you actually forgive her and move on?