What would you think if your ex made an online dating profile right after you broke up?

Lets say your ex made an online dating profile right after you broke up, and didn't try to fix things with you at all instead just passively said things like "i didn't want this, i hate seeing you upset, you deserve better" etc.
  • I would think theyre a jerk, its def over & clearly didn't care about me very much.
    Vote A
  • I would think that they just want someone new / want to get laid
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Id feel like crap. Especially if it was him that broke it off, man... I'm sorry to hear that, I hope he tanks when looking for another girl

1|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean tanks?

• Show All
    • I don't know the full situation though, if both your questions were connected, then you let him go for not being mentally stable, if that is the case, then trying to find another girl to fill the void might make sense, but from his end it seems unhealthy for him to do it so quickly. I don't envy you, that was not an easy choice to make, if I guessed correctly. I hope you are able to move on too

• Basically, if this part Is it wrong to leave someone because they are mentally ill? ↗ and this post are connected.

• wouldn't be my problem but would be suspicious especially if they told me they didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone and gave that "cop out" excuse of "it's not you, it's me" feck sake that is the most lame ass excuse of all time... it's like they could be 100% honest, or just give a reasonable explanation as to why, but that excuse shows that you were never worth their time or effort... 3 times i have been dumped where that excuse was used by the women/girls who dumped me... each time I was in long term serious relationships where i gave 100% to the relationship... granted one of those 3 they said before we patched things up... and tried to repair whatever they claimed was broken
    simple honesty would have fixed that though

1|0
    0|0
    • What do you think the real reason was?

My ex said " he did not want to break up and I deserve better" but he already made a online dating profile so looks like he wasn't willing to BE better for me. ? Confused about that.

• Show All
    • Yeah. I agree. He was never in a serious relationship before me and i think he is going back to what he knows... But he is definitely not trying to be a better man for me or make things work. At the same time he said he loved me, I was the best girlfriend and he could see why people commit suicide when relationships fail. So I don't know what to think really.

• yeah some people aren't cut out for serious relationships tbh :(
      sad really that he doesn't try to do what's right tbh :/ sounds like he was only saying to you what he thought you wanted to hear so he could get what he wanted... sad really cos to say something so meaningful without the intention of being genuine is in my opinion such a bad choice and such a no no... way i see it nothing worth saying should be said without the truest of intentions... if he didn't mean it he should have not said anything...
      and to tell someone they love you but not mean it is a huge screwed up thing to do...
      I know the feeling tbh I have been there myself, failed which is good but non the less still... it's never a good place to be...
      I think personally you should look upon this as a thing where you loved and learned, you learned that some aren't genuine but whatever you do try to treat any future relationship (s) as a NEW situation... that way any distrust or damage before won't seep into the new one (s)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• It depends. If she broke up with me and I really loved her, it would be awful if I figured out she did that. If I broke up with her, I don’t care if she banged a dude 2 seconds in parking a lot after we broke up

1|0
    0|0
  • Every ex that has broken up with me has already had another guy on stand-by so no need for dating profiles. It hurts but once broken up the ex owes you nothing. This is why it is a good thing to stop all contact. If you do that you wouldn't know about the dating profile anyway and the less you know about what your ex is doing the happier you will be.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are on their way to a new life. Good for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once it's over its over. After you break up, the biggest mistake either of you can make is trying to put it back together

1|1
    0|0
  • Would think they never really cared about me and r relationship but realize they were a selfish piece of shit and feel sorry for whoever Falls in their Trap

0|1
    0|0
  • Both. He wants to get laid and clearly didn't care all that much...

1|0
    0|0
  • It is finish. He /she have the miral right to do whatever he /she wants.
    Don't care.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be happy I’m their ex. They obviously checked out of the relationship a while ago.

1|1
    0|0
  • You braked up, it is not your business anymore so that person do what he wants. he's over you. nothing personnal here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Blah, blah, blah... like he gives a shit about what you think? Really?>

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both options.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted A

1|0
    0|0
  • That means she never ever liked me