I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years because he never made time for me?

I’m really having a hard time because I don’t know if I made the right decision. I loved him with all my heart and I fought so hard for our relationship to work but I think at the end, I feel like I was forcing it. He works a lot, usually Monday-Saturday and I understood that there were days where we couldn’t see each other but it became so common that I was getting so frustrated. He always put so much effort into everything and everyone else. So, he’s always doing something when he isn’t at work. When I ask him, his response is always “I’ll let u know so don’t get ready or anything”. I’m basically waiting till last minute to see if I will hang out with him. Sometimes he won’t even let me know when he gets off of work because he makes plans with someone else so I am just sitting at home waiting for him like an idiot. I am always initiating hanging out, if I don’t ask, I believe he won’t even come see me. One time, we went 2 weeks without seeing each other and we only live 10 minutes away. We had planned a weekend trip and it got cancelled the day before and he said he would make it up but never did. His inconsistency was becoming to hard to deal with. We text everyday but he never calls me and never really asks me how I’m doing or how my day is. It just seemed like I was being taken for granted. The thing is, although he did all this, I miss him terribly and I’m really struggling with the break up.

412

Most Helpful Guys

• I disagree with the guy that said it was a shallow reason for breaking up. I think it's a perfectly valid reason.

Have you ever taken the quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com to see what your "love languages" are? (That's basically what things you need in a relationship to feel loved.) My guess is that Quality Time will be one you score fairly high on (at least 6 and probably higher). That's my highest score and I would have a hard time staying with someone that I couldn't spend much time with. That in fact is one of several reasons that I got divorced.

Getting the things you need in a relationship is important. If the person you're with isn't willing or able to give you that, then I think breaking up and looking for someone that can give you what you need and that you can give what they need is a good idea.

That doesn't mean that the person you're breaking up with is a bad person, but just that you're not compatible as romantic partners.

If you do take that quiz and are willing to share the results, I'd be interested to know if I'm right that you have a 6 or higher on Quality Time.

• You re a girl, and have feelings that need to be nurtured constantly. If he was unwilling to do that for any reason, then you are better off without him. Feelings can tear us apart. Give your feelings to another man and expect better treatment. Guys have a lot of flaws, but they should make an effort to let a girl know that she is his. You have a responsibility to be happy in your life, and feel wanted ( Even controlled by a guy. ) your ex did try to do that with you. You did make the correct decision to split up with him. - I really feel for you, those feelings you have for him must hurt you terribly. There are guys out there that will give you love so you will be happy - and you will fall in love with someone else. Bottom line - You will be much happier - even if the next guy has a bunch of flaws ( MY LORD, WE REALLY DO! ) But this guy did not deserve you or any girl. Stay away from him no matter what. Your judge is how does a guy treat you daily. Your life is to precious to wast it on this guy - or any guy that treats you in the same way.

Most Helpful Girl

• You made the right decision. Even if he was putting the efforts it's still not worth it to be in a relationship in which u can't even spend some time together. It's not even a relationship. I would understand if it was something temporary but the way it is with his job and all, maybe it's not the right time for him to be in a relationship...