Ladies, seriously why contact your ex?

I've read other posts and it seems many say it's for friendship? But seriously is that the real reason or are their feelings still their? Otherwise what's the point as most exes aren't really friends and I think everyone knows that deep down?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• "Friends" as in "Hey it's Friday night so lets grab a beer together" is definitely not the way most exes can work after a break up. But I do think it is a mature adult who can weather the storm and say "When I see you, I will be polite and civil" Now all break ups are different and if it ended badly, with bad behavior on one or both sides, then this isn't going to work either. I just think it's SO STUPID when couples break up, regardless of who dumped who, and one of them can't handle acknowledging the other in social settings, especially if you have the same friends. Grow up already! I also don't like it when girls feel lonely and insecure and so they resort to seeking attention from their ex just to feel better (by the way, guys do this too). Bad behavior and immaturity give being an "Ex" a bad wrap. The way I see it is "You and I used to date, and now we don't date. It's really not a huge deal. Give me a label like "Ex" if you want to, but leave the baggage at the door"!

What Girls Said 3

• If I were to ever contact an ex, it would be primarily to find out if there were any residue feelings left *or* just because I am lonely and would like to entertain the idea that there are some feelings still there.

• I've got no idea why. Am I the only woman on here, that doesn't contact exes?

• the person who is contacting the ex 1) realizes what he/she is missing is his/her life for not having that person around anymore ...kinda misses him/her ...but not exactly looking for a relationship 2) feelings ... more than friends 3) still cares for him/her ... but not looking for a relationship ... you can still care for someone and not have the feelings of being in a relationship ... you just CARE for them still

thats all I got lol ...

What Guys Said 1

• For many girls it's an ego boost., and sometimes it's to play with a guy to get her kicks or for selfish reasons. They think "Can I still have him anytime I want?" They may "miss" having you around, or they don't have a suitable replacement for you just yet. Sometimes they just want attention. Sometimes they want to tell you how happy they are without you. Sometimes it's to ease their "guilt" about the break up. When it comes to them wanting to be "friends", it's either for you to become an emotional tampon, for her to "keep in touch" with you until she's done with you completely, or it's to totally get away without being the bad person. It rarely comes down to feelings or to get a guy back because girls are always being chased by guys. Think about it. What kind of "friendship" would it be anyway? The friendship ended when you two became a couple.