Meeting up with my ex! Any tips? :)

I'm meeting my ex for coffee soon. I really wanted to hang out with him because I'm not sure whether I want to date him again or not, so this can help me decide and get a good read on where he is at now. Can I assume that him agreeing to meet up too is a good sign? I'm pretty anxious, Any tips? Advice? Words of wisdom? :) thanks

42

Most Helpful Guy

• who initiated the meeting? Either way I think their is still feelings their on both sides. I'd say keep the first meeting light casual. Enjoy each others company again. Almost as if your dating for the first time. Take it from their but don't rush too quickly back into anything. Take it slow and work out if your compatable again.

• Thanks for the advice. I don't think there's any way to tell what will happen. I just need to go into it with a good fun attitude and see where it goes. Can't go wrong that way. :)

What Guys Said 1

• go for it just if you wnat him pak get all the luck you need

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know. You can't automatically assume that, just because he accepted, it necessarily means he still has feelings for you. He could have taken it as a sign that you just want to get together and talk as friends and maybe didn't think much of it. I say just be normal and don't open up too much in the beginning. Act friendly, as you would with any other guy friend, and keep it simple. It's just a "coffee date" and you don't have to be nervous or anything.

• Just be yourself and think of it as an ‘antidate’ and like you are going out with a good girlfriend. Work out before hand, take a long shower, listen to your favorite music that makes you feel good, if you can buy or borrow a cute top you have been eyeing, feel comfortable in what you are wearing. Mention when you get there (not right away) that you have somewhere to be in two hours (meeting a friend, a meeting, whatever) and when you leave say it was so great to see you (if it was) and that you should catch up again soon. Done. Leave. And then do nothing. Don’t call, text, IM, FB. Let him initiate the next contact. Sometimes inaction is more powerful then action.

• don't get your hopes up. I did this last month. I was the one who asked him to meet up, and it just hurt and made me miss him again. and we stopped talking again, because I just wasn't ready to be friends yet.

but I hope everything goes good for you, just don't have a lot of hope you guys will get back together.. he could just be curious what you've been up too, and how you have been, in a friendly way. best of luck!

• Don't do it.