I'm talking to a guy who seems interested, but backs off every time I show interest. What's the deal?

So I've been talking to this guy off and on for the last 2 years. we've dated once, but we never did anything. The guy flirts and what not now, but when I start flirting back, or make any comments about liking him, he just backs off completely for a day or two. Every step forward we've made has been a result of me pushing him, either directly or by jealousy. I don't know what to do or how to handle this situation anymore because I'm getting frustrated to the point of quitting all together. Advice?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy must be really shy, I would say when you say something nice and he backs off DON'T STOP. I think you need to go one step father and send the message home. And if that doesn't work, just ask him, you guys are hanging out, at least be open with each other and talk about why he might be acting like this.

-L

What Guys Said 1

• I'd would confront him for sure. Then either pursue him or back off depending on what he says.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly I am going through the same thing right now. I was getting frustrated with the situation so I just confronted him about "us". In my situation it's better that we take a break from each other because his ex hurt him badly and I don't want to make him uncomfortable. So my advice is confront and do what's best for you. Don't change yourself to be with someone.