Is it normal to get angry when your ex breaks your heart and then gets with someone else?

I was seeing this guy and I was madly in love with him but he said he was scared of commitment so we split up and I've been a mess for a month but I've been so good and not messaged him once and left him alone. I managed to resist the temptation to text him. Then the other day I looked at his facebook profile and saw he's in a relationship already and this hurt a lot because a) he lied to me and b) it's only been a month so I messaged him and said something along the lines of "congratulations hope you're both happy" and he blocked me!! And that really pissed me off because he said he would always be my friend!! We split on good terms he even thanked me for being so understanding so blocking me for saying something nice seemed so cruel. So I texted him and got no reply which made me even angrier!!! So I made an idle threat that I'd come talk to him in person at work (He works at my local supermarket and often encouraged me to come in) never threatened anything serious just demanded an explanation why he was ignoring me because I didn't deserve it. He sends me a cold message saying he's going to call the police and get me banned from the supermarket... this from just two messages on facebook and about 6 text messages just begging him to talk to me. I really held back I could have said much worse more hurtful things. I wouldn't have normally reacted this way but his cold treatment of me and lying really hurt my feelings and I suspect he could have been seeing her at the same time as seeing me too. His threatening to call the police has made me feel guilty though as I never wanted to be the crazy ex. Is there something really wrong with me or is this a normal way to feel?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• In this situation, it is not normal because I see that jealousy has eaten you. you may feel some guilt, but don't do it again, because the person you're trying to be nice with is the same person who doesn't deserve your attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would just make me glad that he's out of my life because that means he never really loved me to begin with