Anxiety Running into an Ex, Help?

Hi there. Just looking for some advice on dealing with an ex after a breakup. I get really bad anxiety whenever we cross paths, which unfortunately happens quite often as we both fly out of the same airport. It has been about 6 months since we broke-up, and this feeling of anxiety and nervousness whenever she is around just isn't going away. It really hinders my ability to prepare for a flight, so I thought I'd ask you guys if there is anything in particular that I should do to help myself. Thanks in advance :)

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 2

• Ignore her? Take a different route through the airport? Ask for alternate days & times that she isn't present?

0|1
    0|0
    • 2d

Thanks for you advice, I do that to the best that I can to avoid her. Even if she isn't there, I get the anxiety of wondering whether she is or not.

• 2d

You might need meditation training or cognitive behavioral therapy. I would suggest them before medication.

Not trying to be rude, but unless you two split on really nasty terms, or unless she has been very hostile or provoking, then it sounds like your problem is more in your head than because of an actual threat.

• 2d

No no, not rude at all. We did split on nasty terms unfortunately; but nothing has been particularly sour afterwards. So yeah, I would definitely agree that it's just in my head. I mean, there's not doubt that there is a lot of tension, but neither of us has said anything just to be hurtful.

• Give it time the more you see her the less anxiety you will feel.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2d

Haha, I guess it'll be a while then. Thankfully, she is leaving the country in a few months time.

Recommended myTakes