Do you think he would report me to the police?

My ex broke up with me over a month ago and after a couple of messages saying I loved him and begging him to stay I gave up and went no contact for a month. Then a month and a bit later I saw on facebook he got into a new relationship which shocked and upset me so I tried to talk to him and he blocked me on Facebook. I was a bit drunk at the time as it was a Friday night and I ended up sending about 6 text messages begging him to talk to me. I thought he must have blocked my number too so I didn't know if he was even receiving the messages. The next morning still a bit angry I sent a couple more messages. Then he sent a message saying he would call the police if I didn't stop texting him and after that I stopped and that was a couple of days ago. Now I've fully sobered up I regret my actions and I'm worried he could decide to actually go to the police and use my texts as evidence. I would assume it was an idle threat just to make me go away but I'm worried he could change his mind at any time. I didn't realise that what I did is legally considered harassment. Do you think if I just don't contact him again he would just forget about it or do you think he would report me to the police out of spite?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You can’t get charged for harassment from this. He’s able to get a restraining order on you thought. Also, you need to get over him, stop being that person that can’t. It’s annoying for many people not only him.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I heard from a friend who was being harassed that police officers won't act on a complaint unless you threaten them or contact them excessively and you make the other person feel they are in danger or show up where they work or live uninvited. 20 texts is a lot - but they probably won't act since it isn't 40 or 70 or 120 etc...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Relax your a woman and it was only a few messages as long as no threats were made.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you can't be friend with an ex, is better to let go.

1|0
    0|0
  • He could have blocked you if he was serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • nah i doubt it, just let it go

0|0
    0|0
  • if he's not responding, especially after he got in to a relationship with another woman, it's considered harassment.

next time, don't get drunk

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Police laugh at that shit. They have much better things to do with their time. Trust me. I've seen this time and time again. Dont worry about it. But dont text this idiot anymore. What a dumb fk for even threatening it. 🙄😒

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you stopped when he told you to - and don’t resume attempts to contact him - you’re fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just don't text/message him

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes