What amout of time would you consider as (too) long to get over a breakup?

If you say that yourself or someone else needs (too) long to get over a breakup, what amount of time do you mean?
  • 1 month
  • 3 months
  • 6 months
    Vote C
  • 1 year
    Vote D
  • 3 years
    Vote E
  • 6 years
    Vote F
  • Results
    Vote G

49

Most Helpful Guys

• It took me over three years. Still, we had our time together. She taught be the most important lesson of life and despite how horrific out split was was, if I died tomorrow in a plane crash and survival was hopeless, the final thoughts on my mind would be ones of thanks there are really great things ON Earth despite the pain of the pain and loss that followed.

• The six months is low average, best I can usually say is that it really depends upon how long you were dating and emotionally close you became.

Most Helpful Girls

• Honestly, it really depends on how long you've known each other, how long you've been dating, whether or not you're actually married, among other things. I feel as though a year is enough time to move on from MOST relationships. If you've been married, or have started a family and a whole new life with this person... it will take a bit longer.

• Depends on how long they were together and what their history was. If it was just a boyfriend / girlfriend you dated for a few years I'd say 6 months to a year is plenty. But if it was a spouse it could take much longer. Maybe even never depending on how old you are and how the relationship ended