What amout of time would you consider as (too) long to get over a breakup?

If you say that yourself or someone else needs (too) long to get over a breakup, what amount of time do you mean?
  • 1 month
    Vote A
  • 3 months
    Vote B
  • 6 months
    Vote C
  • 1 year
    Vote D
  • 3 years
    Vote E
  • 6 years
    Vote F
  • Results
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It took me over three years. Still, we had our time together. She taught be the most important lesson of life and despite how horrific out split was was, if I died tomorrow in a plane crash and survival was hopeless, the final thoughts on my mind would be ones of thanks there are really great things ON Earth despite the pain of the pain and loss that followed.

2|0
    0|0
  • The six months is low average, best I can usually say is that it really depends upon how long you were dating and emotionally close you became.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Honestly, it really depends on how long you've known each other, how long you've been dating, whether or not you're actually married, among other things. I feel as though a year is enough time to move on from MOST relationships. If you've been married, or have started a family and a whole new life with this person... it will take a bit longer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how long they were together and what their history was. If it was just a boyfriend / girlfriend you dated for a few years I'd say 6 months to a year is plenty. But if it was a spouse it could take much longer. Maybe even never depending on how old you are and how the relationship ended

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• U decide

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the length of the relationship. It could take at least a year to fully get over a 10 year realtionship.

0|0
    0|0
    • I needed a year to get over a relationship of 5 months... I do not want to know how long a 10 year one would take me

• Show All
    • The ones that recover instantly most likely never been invested in the first place.

• Some people are cold-hearted and are really tough emotionally so they just move on with life. Some people have an emotional switch that they can turn on and off as they please.

• It totally depends on how much you valued them & had all emotions for them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have seen people unable to get over even after 3-4 years.
      But some literally came out after 5 months!😂

• Yea I know some which felt great again just after a few days.

• Guess those didn't have deep connection...

• More than 3 is too much. 3 is normal

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually take a year or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no set limit

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the length of the relationship

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the depth of the feelings involved/length of relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 month. I don't cry over guys. I cry over my dignity.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes