Advice for a newly single girl?

I haven't been single in three years. Fresh out. Still love my boyfriend. Having a crap time.. Don't know what to do with myself

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• You're going through a phase of pain, but don't worry because it'll be temporary. first love is a painful experience and we've all gone through it. after you get past that cloud you'll understand a lot of things about yourself and identify who you are without that guy, so it's a valuable lesson, not punishment or curse. things may take a little time, but definitely, you'll move on for the better... take your time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please let me know if you find the answer... its been a few months after the break up but I still love my ex and no idea what to do with myself...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess reflect on what went wrong and learn from the experience. But please don't jump into another relationship before you heal from this last one, also known as rebounding.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Vivmatt I think the best advice would be to not sit and dwell when it's feeling epically shitty. My coping mechanism was to get straight out of my house and either go find where some good mates were at and stay with them or to go out and make a point to just go to a bar and not try hit on with anybody but just hold a little conversation with a complete random woman because the pain the thoughts that made me leave the house won't let the fear off been rejected stop me

0|0
    0|0
  • Go spend more time with your friends and go out and do something you enjoy doing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Start with not saying your boyfriend and start saying ex boyfriend, then keep busy with friends helps me

0|0
    0|0
  • Hello fellow Canadian. Take it slow. I have been single for about 3 months took a little bit but I am enjoying it now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find another boyfriend and start it all over again lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Give yourself time to get back in the game. If that's what you want.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just want to get through a day without being totally depressed

• vivmatt-You'll get through this. If you need to talk, PM me.

• I flew exchange duty with the Royal Canadian Aire Force, And I had some friends who flew with the Snowbirds. Great guys.

• Try and chill its not easy

0|0
    0|0
  • At least you won’t be single for long since you’re young and a girl, I’m still single for 3 years now

0|0
    0|0
  • Take time to think about what went wrong and how it helps shape what you will want in the future. Take a week to just feel the crappy feeling of a break-up and do self-reflection. After that start doing self-improvement. Maybe take up a new hobby you've always wanted to do but you always had an excuse for not being able to do it. Maybe a sport, learning a musical instrument, doing art, joining some club. Anything that involves you learning and having fun. Once you feel more at peace and you feel confident and happy with yourself throw yourself back out into the dating world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a hobby

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Find a passion and follow it. See where it takes you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try doing something that you enjoy doing, go out and have fun, meet new people when you’re ready by heart

0|0
    0|0
  • join meetups and other groups or clubs of interest to you to see if you can make new friends

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes