I cheated on my husband!

So I discovered that my husband cheated on me and I was extremely hurt and upset. So while I was at work today a guy I work with has been flirting with me and so I went out with him. Well long story short we ended up having sex. And now I feel guilty even though HE cheated on ME. What should I do?

66

Most Helpful Girl

• That is called tit for tat... Well, I don't necessarily agree with it, but I know you were hurting and this other person was there. It goes both ways, if he cheated on you, it may not have been the first time, I hate to say. I am in the same age bracket. I have cheated before, I'm not married, but after the fact it made me feel exhilarated and upset at the same time. Work though it. If its meant to be it will be. I suggest counseling. maybe there is something missing, that you both need to discuss with each other. Be honest it will only hurt you more. Don't lie to him like he lied to you. People do not deserve that type of treatment. I am sorry you experienced that from him, but maybe this is a sign for you. To help you realize what you have, or may NOT have. Good luck I do wish you the best in your decision!

• +1. Perfect.

• I think that what you did may be wrong. But it can also be alright depending on the situation. Have you two every thought about having and open relationship or swinging? Can open up a whole new world and be a blast.

• Um tech4u78 ... not a good answer... or resolution!

What Guys Said 6

• I respect that, feeling guilty for your actions is an integral part of personal accountability, you can not control the actions of others, you can isolate your actions. Very good. How did you find out he cheated? Does your husband know now that you did? You should follow the route of self respect, realize you had trouble forgiving, realize he did more damage to you than you thought. Sit him down solemley and explain it to him. Two wrongs only alter who you are, you can get lost in justifying cheating, this is how you will / can destroy yourself by the actions of others, you have to take time to heal.

• Just forget about what he did and about what you did. Act as if nothing ever happened.

No use crying over spilt milk, no one was killed. It's only sex, not Jack Bauer on a killing spree.

• So I noticed this was 7 months ago...What's new?

• Well how about deal with it the right way like you should have done from the start. Confront him with it.

What amazes me though is how easy women seam to have when it comes to have random sex. Even if I wanted to I don't think I would be able to have sex any time soon >.<

• If you want me to tell you that it's all right I won't say that. What should you do ? well all you can do right now is to forget about it... don't think about it. It just happened... it's just sex, however you feel guilty because you still love your husband the end.

• if your husbend acted natural and didn't tell you then just let it slide, he won't know, but if he did tell you, you should tell him I guess, just do what he did

What Girls Said 5

• I never understood cheating on someone for revenge but hey it happened. This relationship is damaged. Why are you both holding onto each other ifyou are not what each other needs? It is time for you to cut your lose and move on. How are you going to trust him or him trust you when you tell him? You feel guilty because you used some guy that didn't know he was getting played. You feel guilty because you probably told your boyfriend that eventhough you were hurt you were moving on from it with him. You should move on but move on solo.Yes, youhad every right to be hurt but the decption and hanging out with this guy and then pursuing sex froom it wass wrong. You should tell him (maybe it will prevent hiim from cheating on someone else in the fututre) what you did to get back at him and take your things and go. You should respect yourself and treat your body with respect too.

• Whoa..i recommend seeking counciling immediately. Taking revenge on someone only perpetuates the negativity. If the two of you still love each other,try to prepare it.

• There is no excuse for cheating.You can attempt to justify it yourself but nothing will justify it.

Tell him,see what he thinks about it.Y'all don't belong together then

• tell your husband.

tell him why you did it.

ask him why he did it.

try to find a way to resolve all your "issues" and then come to some understanding and stop cheating on one another.

it sounds easy but once you have a problem, it might be hard to do!

good luck

• Clearly neither one of you is adults or good at communicating. Him for cheating and you for seeking revenge. Own up to your mistake and he should do the same. Marriage counseling and therapy would probably do you some good too.

• I agree here. My only suggestion is that you spend some time to yourself and gather yourself. I