Is he just letting me down easily?

So many people on here told me that my guy friend has been flirting/interested in me and that I should hint and ask him out. We already hang out in groups so I asked him if he wanted to just hang out the two of us this weekend. He gave me some reason that he would *possibly* be busy with family this weekend so he probably couldn't hang out but said we could *try* for next weekend. Was he letting me down easily? Wouldn't a guy that was truly interested jump at a girl asking him out?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's possible that he may actually be telling the truth about being busy with his family. AND saying maybe we could try for the following week could be him just saying that in a very casual sense,i mean I would probably say that to a guy I was interested in if I was busy. I think the tell all would be if he doesn't mention anything about it...you know...a follow up. So if he's with his family this weekend,but doesn't schedule something after then...maybe he isn't THAT interested. Yes,if someone is excited about you then they do want to spend time with you.However,maybe he was planning this family thing before you asked him out. So just wait and see what he says next.If he is busy the following week too,then maybe he is not that interested.But so far he hasn't actually implied that. Good luck! Give updates! :)

• Ok so the ball is in his court now, right? I don't need to call him up and ask to hang out next weekend, but I should rather wait for him to mention it? And maybe he mentioned hanging out next weekend just as a courtesy because we are friends and he didn't know how to respond to my asking him to hang out one- on -one. But then why does he flirt with me and act interested?

• The ball is in his court. If some one is interested in you as more than a friend,they are not going to suddenly forget you asked to hang out. So he flirts with you. Some people just flirt because they can and it means nothing.I have a guy friend who does that to me all the time,but we will never date. You're trying to decipher where his behavior comes from and if he is interested or not. So WAIT for him to bring it up,you two hanging exclusively. If he doesn't pursue it,theres your answer.

What Guys Said 2

• I really wouldn't be put off by him not accepting this weekend. Rather, I think it is hopeful because he said he would *try* for next weekend. It would be more telling if he blows it off next week. You should try to line that up starting this coming week.

• Ok so the ball is in his court now, right? I don't need to call him up and ask to hang out next weekend, but I should rather wait for him to mention it? I'm afraid to bring it up again and sound desperate. And maybe he mentioned hanging out next weekend just as a courtesy because we are friends and he didn't know how to respond to my asking him to hang out one- on -one.

• Yes - see if he makes good on it.

• Well he might not be interested, but on the other hand he might be interested, but doesn't want to appear to eager, because sometimes that can scare girls away, who knows, depends on the guy really.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't necessarily think he was turning you down. I think if he wasn't interested at all, he wouldn't have counter-offered to try to hang out next weekend. He might really just have plans with family and not want to flake out on them. Also, he probably doesn't want to seem to eager because he might think it will scare you off. Just see what happens with trying to plan for next weekend. It could just be that you're reading too deeply into it. I know I do that sometimes as well.

• the ball is in his court now though right? I figure now he knows I want to hang out, so I will let him make plans for the next time and wait to hear from him? and yes I know I am reading too deeply into it..I just didn't get why he would send all these signals of interest and flirting and then turn me down.

• I know what you mean. I'm dealing with something very similar right now actually. For me it's pretty much been that lately I've been the one to initiate conversation and plans, so now I'm just letting him be and if/when he wants to hang out, he can ask me. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If he's been sending you all those signals, I doubt he'd just change his mind out of nowhere.