Is it weird to break up with a girl cause of her insane parents?

So I have been dating this girl for around 2 months now, and I really do care about her a lot. I love spending time with her, but that's where this kicks in. Her parents treat her like she's f***ing twelve. This is the second day in a row her parents flip on her for absolutely no reason and said she can't leave the house. She gets good grades, does what she is supposed to, and is the sweetest girl you will ever meet, and her parents are way too damn hard on her. Guess what her dad's reason for not letting her leave the house today was? She didn't talk to him for 2 days after he yelled the sh*t out of her and made her cry. Yesterday in school she barely even talked to anyone cause she was so torn up about the things he said. And after telling her she couldn't leave, he yelled at her again for an hour. I

I honestly feel incredibly sorry for her, it makes me sad to think that they treat her this way for no reason sometimes. As much as I care about her, I don't think I can deal with her parents. She can rarely do anything during week days unless she tells her parents way ahead of time, and lately her parents have been making her stay in on weekends, so I barely see her out of school.

I can't help but get mad in general when her parents do this, and I don't think I can handle being with someone and seeing them this rarely. Most of my friends see their girlfriends 4-5 days a week...me, saturdays if I'm lucky.

I would feel bad breaking up with her about this though cause its not her fault, she doesn't do anything wrong...it's 100% her stupid ass dad.

Another thing is her mom tells me all the time how she's so happy that I take such good care of her daughter and that I'm so nice etc, so it isn't like her parents don't like me...I rarely talk to her dad, but when I do he puts his smile on and shows signs like he likes me...so why do they find the need to stop her from seeing me?

Anyone have any input to this cause I really have no idea what to do...sorry if this is just a bunch of random cluttered info, I am just trying to give you guys as much detail as possible.

We are both 17 by the way...and don't give me the "wait till 18" response...cause its not like your parents can't just as easily take control of you when you are 18, especially when they are paying your way through college..

Edit: I don't know how to change the age listing for this, but whatever I guess it's close enough.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should dump her. If she's amazing, then you should be there to support her. Value the little time that you do get to spend with her, and be there to listen to her troubles. It might be a little frustrating that you can't see her as often as you'd like to, but it doesn't mean you should just give up on her completely. As you said, this isn't her fault. Maybe when her parents see how caring you are of their daughter (dad included), they'll make an exception. If you just dump her now, the positive opinion that her mom has of you will change. And a break up this time around just isn't going to be great for her, emotionally and mentally. She has enough to cope with, don't make her feel like everyone's letting her down. Just be there for her. If you really do like her.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think you should break up with her. If you really like her, be a little bit more understanding and supportive. I know it's hard, but try to imagine how hard it must be for her. Regardless of what anyone tells you, in the end you have to do what's right for you.

• That's a tough one. As a girl, I'd say to ignore the parents if you really like her, but then again, I don't have parents like that. If you really REALLY can't take it anymore, then I'd say to leave. I'm sure your girlfriend would understand if you say her parents are the issue and not her.

What Guys Said 2

• So here is the summary of your sensitive issue, You are planning to dump an amazing girl who is in need to someone to talk to and help in general. Does that sound right?

The thing here is that you have EVERY right to be pissed off, and you are not wrong even if you DO ultimately dump her. But she is not the ones who needs to be punished.

I suggest talk to her parents when she is not home. Tell them VERY politely to listen to you, and nicely explain that how differently they treat their daughter and how it has affected your relationship. Tell them you will leave her if their behavior or rather UNFAIR behavior continues. If they say they know how to treat their daughter, tell them that she will be dumped and left out by guys who do date her in future too.

You must understand that this is the time she needs you. She needs a friend more importantly then a boyfriend. If her parents don't cooperate DO dump her. Or otherwise visit her house yourself and hang out there. You will always have the right to dump her, but the question is would you want to do that? Think about the pros and cons in detail. Do what seems best for all. And be even better friends with her if ultimately you decide to end this relationship so she knows she still has you there for her.

I hope this works out for you, you may ask me if you are still worried.

Good luck!

• I may have had this thought cross through my head too quickly without enough thought, and your post really did kick some sense into me.

If this continues to happen I might just talk to her mom if I have the chance, and let her deal with the dad, cause something tells me she would say something to him.

Thanks for the post, it really did help a lot.

• Oh Yes. Mom's FTW. Just do it. Your top priority at the moment is to explain yourself most successfully, so that they know exactly there IS infact a huge problem to begin with.

In every family there is a savior hero parent and a witch of the west. You know whom to talk to.

• Been in this situation so I know how it can irritate you... The girl I was with was awesome (still is), anyway she got a lot of this stuff and it got in the way of me and her dating. But I had a think about it and decided she is worth sticking it through... anyway I'd feel worse leaving her to deal with it on her own, At least if I'm with her she has someone to go to.

• I guess I forgot too quickly that this girl is the best thing that has happened to me in a while, so it is safe to say she is worth sticking it through for. Are you still with the girl that you described in your post? I couldn't really tell.

• By the number of ex-es on his profile album I think not lol

• lol Different problems my man :P Anyway what girl wants to settle down in her teens? :L