Is this revenge feeling normal?

My girlfriend left me for another guy. Guess I became a wimp towards the end cause of members of my family got really sick and I'd start having anxiety attacks cause of that. She is couple years older and has a really messed up past, broken family, and not bright in school. We fought about her exes and how she lied about contact till she blocked them for me. I basically became a doormat.

She would control who I talked to and made sure no females would come near me. She would just shower me with love

I begged for almost 2 weeks to take me back. She told that to the new guy, family, and her friends. They all made fun of me. Till I decided to go no contact.

Since then I have been hitting the gym, applying to top med schools, and advancing at work. I am doing this not only for myself but to also show her what I am capable of. And how she messed with the wrong person.

Is that a normal feeling after a BU? To show them off?

13