Is this revenge feeling normal?

My girlfriend left me for another guy. Guess I became a wimp towards the end cause of members of my family got really sick and I'd start having anxiety attacks cause of that. She is couple years older and has a really messed up past, broken family, and not bright in school. We fought about her exes and how she lied about contact till she blocked them for me. I basically became a doormat.

She would control who I talked to and made sure no females would come near me. She would just shower me with love

I begged for almost 2 weeks to take me back. She told that to the new guy, family, and her friends. They all made fun of me. Till I decided to go no contact.

Since then I have been hitting the gym, applying to top med schools, and advancing at work. I am doing this not only for myself but to also show her what I am capable of. And how she messed with the wrong person.

Is that a normal feeling after a BU? To show them off?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Normal? Sure, but it’s not a positive thing. Just let the whole thing go and stop thinking about her. She clearly isn’t worth the time

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

True; just a fire in the belly to show her what she passed up on. She lied early on in the relation about talking to her exes and not officially ending a friends with benefits thing. I still gave her a chance. But I bought it up a lot and she would tell everyone I abused her cause of that.

What Guys Said 3

• It's normal. And when you're an uptown doctor making a shitload of money, she'll be a used up old hag who looks like shit. Karma always comes around and she never forgets an address.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

That is what looks like in store for her. She is 5 years older and still in community college at my small hometown. I used to teach her friend for hours every week (who are making fun of me now). Just really have this fire in the belly to show her and everyone who is making fun of me wrong.

• 4d

If you want her to suffer check out a company called Revenge, com. They do a marvelous job.

• 4d

What do they do?

• Id say it is normal, your ex sounds like a complete bitch. Good riddance in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Yea in the beginning of the relation she told me she hasn't dealt with exes the whole year. Till I found out she met one a month before, sexted one a week before, and had a convo with one after we talked. Then blocked him.
      I bought it up and she would start to ignore me or say stuff to push me aside. So I called her a 'whore' twice in a huge fight. So she told everyone I abused her. She once gave me her passwords. I used it and saw she was texting a male friend (who she ended up with) a lot. She got mad and changed the passwords.
      While she made me block a childhood friend, take calls in front of her, and comfort her for dreams she had of me cheating on her with friends (that I helped in their coursework)

• It's normal. But don't make it your objective. Make bettering yourself the objective.

From the sounds of things, this was a toxic relationship, anyway. It sounds like it's better that it's over.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes