He keeps breaking up with me and then comes crawling back - what is he doing?

Dated my ex for 3 years and he broke it off a year ago. This fall he started sending me emails saying how he missed things about us all summer but left me alone since I was taken. We start dating again since I was single and needy. 2 months later he breaks it off with me again ans starts dating this other girl he was seeing in the summer. Then 2 weeks later he emails me begging me to call him. I finally do and he doesn't really say anyting.

Is he just crawling back to me every time some other relationship doesn't work out? Or do you think he keeps realizing he loves me but since I turn him down (he's hurt me so much) he runs away again? What creates this yo-yo reactions and how do I get it to stop? So hurt, please help!
+1 y
And I would love to know how someone who cares that much about you can hurt you that much when you do nothing wrong? Yes, I didn't agree to getting back together with him, but can this rejection turn into such hurtful behavior towards the one you love?
0
3