When someone tells you something special...how do you know...?

When someone tells you something special...

how do you know if they actually mean it or they're just saying it to make you feel good?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless you're down, or you've recently felt bad about something, people would probably mean it when they say those type of things. I'm not saying that what some people say when you're down aren't sincere, they are just not obvious. But if it is out of the blue from a friend or someone, they probably mean it a lot.

What Guys Said 1

• You just have to trust them and decide for yourself whether they mean it or not. I told a close friend who I was seeing that I thought she was a sweet girl and partly due to some insecurities she responded by saying that I was just trying to say what she wanted to hear. That was disappointing and hurt, but shows that there isn't a sure way to know unless you just ask.

What Girls Said 1

• You're just going to have to trust your gut on deciphering whether or not they are being completely honest with you.