Do you feel embarrassed when you have to tell people in your social circles that you broke up from someone?

People are often very proud to announce a new lover in their life, but how do you feel when you have to announce to the world that the person you said you love a million times on social media just did not work out as a life long companion.
  • YES
  • NO

1423

Most Helpful Guys

• If I break up with someone, I have a reason and I feel justified, so there is no reason to be embarrassed. Also, I almost never discuss the reason for break ups if it reflects poorly on my former partner.

• The answer is don't post your life all over social media. There is no need for it. What you put there you lose control of. You give it to everyone who sees it and to Facebook itself.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't like to share much of my dating experience because of all the drama people make around it. That's why I take my time to announce that I'm in a relationship and almost never mention if I'm not in one anymore. I don't hide any of that, just won't mention if it doesn't come up.

• Nothing to be embarrassed, but it's really unnecessary to broadcast that. It's my personal life and personal choice, I don't owe anyone a briefing nor explanation.