Do you feel embarrassed when you have to tell people in your social circles that you broke up from someone?

People are often very proud to announce a new lover in their life, but how do you feel when you have to announce to the world that the person you said you love a million times on social media just did not work out as a life long companion.
Do you feel embarrassed when you have to tell people in your social circles that you broke up from someone?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If I break up with someone, I have a reason and I feel justified, so there is no reason to be embarrassed. Also, I almost never discuss the reason for break ups if it reflects poorly on my former partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • The answer is don't post your life all over social media. There is no need for it. What you put there you lose control of. You give it to everyone who sees it and to Facebook itself.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't like to share much of my dating experience because of all the drama people make around it. That's why I take my time to announce that I'm in a relationship and almost never mention if I'm not in one anymore. I don't hide any of that, just won't mention if it doesn't come up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing to be embarrassed, but it's really unnecessary to broadcast that. It's my personal life and personal choice, I don't owe anyone a briefing nor explanation.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Thats why i dont announce shit... offline or online. I dont tell them of a new lover and dont say nothing about a break up. One not their business, two... social media and circles are stupid lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be a little awkward with some people, more because they’ll ask you, and you’re like “oh... nah... they’re out.” But if it’s just my buddies, whatever, it’s not a thing. I was never embarrassed per se.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it can be, especially if you have been together for a long time. Maybe difficult is a better word than embarassing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did vote A. I do admit that can be somewhat embarrassing because you were all excited about it at first and then things didn't last and people know it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't tell them because I got rid of all that facebook bullshit and talk to my real friends in person! Which ironically is actually more embarrassing :(

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was because I did something stupid then absolutely but if I was dumped when I did nothing wrong then yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • It definitely depends on what the relationship was like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do when that person is the "Innocent" type. You're immediately seen as an asshole if nobody else sees through their facade.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always laugh when i have to tell it but i'm really just dying inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • dare to speak the truth, who knows there is someone who wants to be her successor

0|0
    0|0
  • People and even family may think it is my fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope it is what it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont have social circles anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel liberated and celebrate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was she hotter than me? That's the determinant. Because if i'm slumming and you dump me i mean that's just a double whammy. look at you! And you dump me? You should be thanking me for the time i spent with you! lol

0|0
    2|0
  • I was seeing someone casual and broke it off right before I planned to ask her if she like to get more serious. I also had plans to invite her to my Christmas party.

I told most of my co-workers I was casually seeing somebody but I only told one what really happened when people asked me if I had a girlfriend.

I've always been known as the "single" guy and I'm getting sick of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • First I'd have to have a g/f wouldn't I?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I? It is my business

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it makes me feel uneasy and foolish.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• No, because I don't date people in my social circle. When it comes time to breakup it just creates to much drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • The guy usually won't tell because then people ask him questions. Guys have a real aversion to that and embarrassed even more than we are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it’s just life and you shouldn’t feel embarrassed. It happens to a lot of people

0|0
    0|0
  • I would explain why. Maybe it even was a bad reason like he cheated or he got really mad at me-

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no social circles. I'm a lonely little girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because they didn't like my exes. So far it was more like, he's gone now. We have peace.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda, it’s very hard

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not
    He was the cheating jerk, I did nothing wrong

0|0
    0|0