Shall I get a restraining order?

- I dumped my girlfriend and for a week she kept calling me on blocked/ making fake accounts to talk
- I told him that I have someone and she blocked me
- Days later she unblocked to apologize and wish me well but we had a huge fight and I blocked her
- Two weeks later she apologized for everything and again wished me well. I blocked her but then the next day she sent a message on her new IG and said mean things to me.
It has been a couple of days and nothing. Shall I get a restraining order?
I told her*

28

Most Helpful Girl

• Well (from personal experience), you are enabling her.
    Yes, her behavior is kind of psycho to me, but I don't think it's enough for a restraining order. However, it seems like everytime you respond to her, you guys get in a fight and go back to where you started. She apologizes and probably expects you to somehow regret the break-up or pursue her again etc and the fact that you don't, generates anger.
    I recommend ignoring her, just ignore the message, she will stop at some point and move on.(if she's somewhat normal). If the behavior worsens, as in follows you, comes to your house or any other crazy stuff, then it's really an issue.

• Well she hasn't come to my house/ work/ school yet. She knows the new girl I have is my co worker and classmate as well. And she hasn't come to any of my public tournaments that me and my new girl play in.

• I had an appointment at her work and she knew that. But she didn't show up to work that day.
      I thought she moved on but then the apology and mean texts happened.

• They will go away if you don't keep enabling her

Most Helpful Guy

• No, for a few reasons. First I seriously doubt you could get a restraining order for something like that. Second, a restraining order restrains them from getting physically near you. As far as I know it doesn't do a thing about online contact.

Third, and most important, I think a restraining order goes on their record and can have negative consequences for life. It's not something you should to to a person unless you absolutely have to.

• Well all she has been doing is online contact. She doesn't call after that first week. Just emails me or texts me once week or so

• How long were you together, and how long ago did you break up?

• Best friends (like brother & sisters) for 2 years then dated for 6 months.
      Break Up happened last month