Shall I get a restraining order?

- I dumped my girlfriend and for a week she kept calling me on blocked/ making fake accounts to talk
- I told him that I have someone and she blocked me
- Days later she unblocked to apologize and wish me well but we had a huge fight and I blocked her
- Two weeks later she apologized for everything and again wished me well. I blocked her but then the next day she sent a message on her new IG and said mean things to me.
It has been a couple of days and nothing. Shall I get a restraining order?
Updates:
I told her*

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well (from personal experience), you are enabling her.
    Yes, her behavior is kind of psycho to me, but I don't think it's enough for a restraining order. However, it seems like everytime you respond to her, you guys get in a fight and go back to where you started. She apologizes and probably expects you to somehow regret the break-up or pursue her again etc and the fact that you don't, generates anger.
    I recommend ignoring her, just ignore the message, she will stop at some point and move on.(if she's somewhat normal). If the behavior worsens, as in follows you, comes to your house or any other crazy stuff, then it's really an issue.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well she hasn't come to my house/ work/ school yet. She knows the new girl I have is my co worker and classmate as well. And she hasn't come to any of my public tournaments that me and my new girl play in.

• Show All
    • I had an appointment at her work and she knew that. But she didn't show up to work that day.
      I thought she moved on but then the apology and mean texts happened.

• They will go away if you don't keep enabling her

Most Helpful Guy

• No, for a few reasons. First I seriously doubt you could get a restraining order for something like that. Second, a restraining order restrains them from getting physically near you. As far as I know it doesn't do a thing about online contact.

Third, and most important, I think a restraining order goes on their record and can have negative consequences for life. It's not something you should to to a person unless you absolutely have to.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well all she has been doing is online contact. She doesn't call after that first week. Just emails me or texts me once week or so

• Show All
    • How long were you together, and how long ago did you break up?

• Best friends (like brother & sisters) for 2 years then dated for 6 months.
      Break Up happened last month

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 7

• I dunno. I heard about a dude whose ex-girlfriend had the locks in his appartment changed three times in one day. She convinced the locksmith she lived there.

0|0
    0|0
    • She hasn't come by my house, school, or work. Even tho she knows the new girl I am seeing is my co worker and classmate

• Show All
    • No she just apologizes then at the end said some mean stuff

• Okay. Sorry, I can't advise you, but it sounds less serious than other stuff I've heard. But it's hard to know with crazy behaviour. I have no idea what the guidelines are on stuff like this, but maybe there's a stalking hotline you can call if you want advice.

• Why are you afraid she will hurt you? Just ignore her and move on, don't act like a girl.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't you think she will hurt me?

• Show All
    • They find out where you are and show up (drive past your house, walk past your classes, go to parties they know you will be at, etc.)… So long as they don’t try to fuck with your job or make false police reports about you or something on that level just ignore them. Obviously what they want is attention so don’t give it to them...

• Well she knows my schedule inside & out. I only saw her outside the class

• Yes. Waiting is only going to allow things to get worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • no unless she's threatening you, l your over reacting. stop using those sites dont use the web lo simple

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean she doesn't come to my house/ work/ school

• Show All
    • sure buddy delete your acc? make a new one with a different name? dont use the net.

• I just block the fake accounts and she stopped doing that

• No that's too dramatic

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't worth the cost of a lawyer.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think I could get one tho? Or is she done?

• She won't harm you. She'll give up in the long run.

• I mean she hasn't come to my house/ school/ work/ hasn't contacted my friends or family
      So maybe you are right

• You are acting like a bitch if you do get one scared of a girl? Wtf

0|0
    0|0
    • Dude don't you think she is psycho? She could come to my house

• Show All
    • I mean she hasn't shown up to my house/ work/ school. Even tho she knows the new girl I am seeing is my classmate & co worker
      Think she is mad bc I used to call her abusive all the time and I got a bit controlling towards the end.

• When you start getting restraining orders and stuff like that if she is really psycho she is not going to stop she will be falsely accusing you to the cops next it is best to just ignore her and she will eventually stop.

Recommended myTakes