Ex making me a gift and sending me a package? Is this part of the apology?

My ex apologized to me last night and told me everything was his fault when we split dating (2nd time around) a few weeks ago. We broke up a year ago, started dating again, and then he treated me terribly for no reason.

He says he's sending me a package with my shoes I left at his place and he's making me cd's of music he knows I like. Said there might be some other things. He says he's missed me and he'll always care about me, but mentioned nothing of getting back together. Do you think this gift (I know it's not huge but uncalled for) is his way of apologizing or a first step in trying to win me back?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly it sounds like he just wants to mend the friendship. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Ok :( We never were "just friends" and he knows it's impossible for him to not want to be with me. He avoids me at all costs when he's not with me so he doesn't fall for me. Knowing him, I know he's not just looking for friendship from me. He has a billion girlfriends. Other guys, I can see that, but not this one. He's gotta be confusing!

• Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was on a huge ego trip. Just meant we're a really intense couple so he tries to avoid me because we always end up liking each other again and ending up in the same situation. So contact with me is almost never platonic. I will and I'll try to let it go.

• Hey no worries. I don't think anyone is going to know his intentions more than you in this situation... so yeah, just stop spending your time and energy worrying about it.

Lucky for you his intentions don't matter as much as yours do. Just stay true to yourself and you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 1

• doesn't sound like an apology. more like his way of feeling less guilty about his actions by buying his way out of it

• I'm sure he is tryign to be nice to not feel guilty but he did spend 2 hours apologizing and explaining to me why he was a jerk so I don't know what this is. Curious to see what he sends and I guess I can judge by what he does next.