I talked to my ex today.

I broke no contact and texted my ex who dumped me (against the advice of everyone on earth) after two weeks of silence and I told him that I was saying goodbye. He wrote me back a very nice text about how it's a shame we aren't the right fit for each other and we can't be together because we want different thinks but he hopes we can be friends in the future but it's too painful for us both now to see each other so we have to wait until we are over our feelings. This just made me even more hysterical. I don't want him to get over me. Does this really mean that he's never going to want to try again? It sounds like he made up his mind. I'm devastated all over again.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I love that( against the advise of EVERYONE on EARTH ) oh that's funny sh*t! lol

I knowwwwa I'm hurt too. my ex and I are prolonging this by playing this no contact game. The point is when away from each other I go crazy, near her or on text I'm excited like a little school girl. Doesn't matter what is said . Your in the persons mind and thoughts, that's good enough for now! I agree with bigblueeyes show them your love... if they decide to move on .. they can never say you didn't want them . when they are in the same pit down the line as we are now...Doors open as other close...be available for a time work on yourself, I won't suggest going out with anyone for the sake of hurting them because your heart is still tied. I have also been the rebound guy and that hurts just as bad!

What Guys Said 2

• What are these different things that you want?

• He's younger than me and never had a relationship before and he is focused on school and didn't really have time to see me so I would complain about that...

• If you really want to be with him, let him know that you understand that school IS important and that you are willing to wait for him. If you are not willing to do this, move on.

• bet you wish you hadn't done it after all, :D

What Girls Said 2

• oh how we wish we didn't do these things. I was/am right where you are. I went 3 weeks withouth contacting my ex. and then I called, and left a voicemail. after that, I kept texting again. and at one point I too said "just wanted to know if there is chance to work things out before I move on" and he said "no chance.". it was like he was breaking up with me all over again.

ha, but I didn't stop there. I kept texting, because I felt I HAD to show him I loved him. we ended up talking on the phone. he told me how better his life is without me, told me he is with someone else. and he was very calm. which made me heart more. he told me all the reasons he couldn't and didn't want to be with me, and I was telling him how sorry I was and how I wish things could be different.

anything can happen. if you read some of my posts and answers I wrote, you will see that I had an ex come back after 4 yrs. the best you can do is not contact him again (u've seen how it can hurt), and live your life. it doesn't mean you have to give up hope, or stop loving him, or stop missing. all it means is that your going to TRY to move on, have fun, and if he comes back great! but if not, you will know you can still live!

• It sounds like it's over for him. Think of yourself. Do what you like. Move on.