Talking about possibly getting back together with my ex? PLEASE HELP!!

So my ex contacted me the other day and was apologizing for being a bit of a d*** ha ha and was telling me how awesome I am etc. I asked him why he broke up with me then and he said timing I guess. But we talked more the next day and he said he felt like he didn't have enough time in the day because he is super busy with work and doesn't know about his future in this city. I told him there are always weekends and that I don't even know about my future here. Where he's from is only 3 hours away and I go there a lot anyway because my dad lives there too so I don't see that as a huge barrier. I'm done school in a year and I've always thought about moving there. The next thing he said was that he has been in long term relationships only to find out that they're on different paths and end up breaking up. But I told him that no one knows what's going to happen in the future and you shouldn't not get into a relationship because you don't know either way if it's going to work out. And I said life is about taking chances. He said he agreed but it was a lot to think about. So I said I would give him time to think. How long should I wait? And do you think there is anything else I can do? I really really want this to work so bad.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Question

PLEASE HELP! Talking about possibly getting back together with my ex...

Your Answer

Girl, calm down. You've done really well in communicating with him. And he's a guy who make sense. I can understand you really want this to work, but sometimes things are beyond our control and we have to come to terms with it doesn't go well. And I quote directly from what you've typed "life is about taking chances". You are taking chances in attempting to make this work, but this does not imply or mean that it will definitely work. Give him the time he needs instead of thinking how long you should wait. I believe he's one who will reply to you at appropriate times without making you wait too long. As to what else you can do, be friendly, supportive and good to him, and respect his commitment to his job. Also spend time and focus on what you can do for yourself for the moment. Crucially don't pressure him into anything, even though you want this to work real bad. It's difficult, but it's for the best as well. Hope this helps and genuinely wish you all the best. x

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think you're doing a good job on your own. Looks like he's really responding to you, which is usually not the case, but if you need more tactics this girl can really turn it around=> link

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• i wanna say life is all abt taking chances. if you don't take it because you don't know what's gonna happen and your scaed about it then who knows what happens everything can be even good 2. I would higly suggest if you really like the guy and you think that you guys hav enough bondin between each other ,only then take this step because either ways you might b takin a risk but also am thinkin abt what is best for u.

u should giv him some time but also keep on talking abt the things you get while getting into a relationship.keep sayin it wll work evrytime he tells it won't. and your a girl convince him somehow so whatever you do always remember that you know him very well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl, calm down. You've done really well in communicating with him. And he's a guy who make sense. I can understand you really want this to work, but sometimes things are beyond our control and we have to come to terms with it doesn't go well. And I quote directly from what you've typed "life is about taking chances". You are taking chances in attempting to make this work, but this does not imply or mean that it will definitely work. Give him the time he needs instead of thinking how long you should wait. I believe he's one who will reply to you at appropriate times without making you wait too long. As to what else you can do, be friendly, supportive and good to him, and respect his commitment to his job. Also spend time and focus on what you can do for yourself for the moment. Crucially don't pressure him into anything, even though you want this to work real bad. It's difficult, but it's for the best as well. Hope this helps and genuinely wish you all the best. x

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;