Why does this site have annoying sound ads and popup ads?

Seriously that is so stupid. I know you guys need ads but why do you allow sound ads that start playing automatically and popup ads that no one wants to see. And who knows what other kind of spyware you guys are giving everyone that clicks your links and uploads pics and stuff.

Just letting you guys know why I'm deleting my account and not coming back to this site again. Hopefully you'll realize that it drives away a lot of people and fix that stupid thing. Bye.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Get chrome/firefox. Download Ad Block Plus from Extension/Add on list. Problem solved.

What Girls Said 3

• Thanks for your post!

We appreciate your input, and we do take it into consideration when we make changes to the site! We hope that it doesn't deter you from enjoying the site, and if you have future suggestions, please let us know! We love hearing from the users.

Thanks again!

• Yeah, they just started those a couple weeks ago, they annoy me too. I realize they are trying to make money, but they could lose users by doing stupid stuff like this...

• peace out!

What Guys Said 3

• Refresh the page, and they disappear. The site doesn't decide what ads are put up, they just get paid to let a company put their ads up. GAG has no control, so either we pay them for membership, or we put up with the ads.

• Actually the site does decide what kind of ads are up because they can tell the company not to put sound ads on. If the company doesn't want to do that then they can just end the contract because I'm sure there are a ton of other companies that would be more than willing to take their place considering how many people use this site. This site has so many ads I can guarantee you that they are making a killing in profit and not just using it to keep the site running.

• Why does this site have annoying users who bitch about ads when they should just get adblocker and shut up?

• I use chrome which blocks popups but these popups are gayer than the usual ones so it doesn't work. Plus there is no popup blocker that can block the annoying sound ads unless you turn off your sound while you're on this site. So you're saying I should install some more pop up blockers and not be able to listen to my playlist while I'm on here? I'm good dude, you have fun doing that.

• Actually I'm fairly certain you don't know, and have no way of knowing what I have or haven't done with my computer. I have tried Chrome. Firefox is better. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

• Haha dude I'm really not gonna keep arguing back and forth about this. I used to use Firefox all the time and I loved it but then I ran into Chrome and it was much faster and a lot simpler with only one search bar and some tabs. I like simple and I like fast so I like Chrome. I'm not saying you're wrong for liking Firefox better because that's your preference, but I'm just telling you mine.

• See ya.