How can I make my ex-boyfriend come back with me?

I cheated on him and I told him the truth, He broke up with me and said he needed some time without talking to me or any type of contact. Today, about 3 months later, we talk on skype like best friends would. He says he is still physically attracted to me but by no means does he love me or anything sentimental. He was my 1st love and I was his for 4 years. More than boyfriend and girlfriend we were best friends. We talk for hours about everything! seems just like the good old times except he doesn't love me anymore. How can I make him realize I made a huge mistake and that I would never hurt him anymore in my life, I swear to God, he is the one.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• This one is gonna be a difficult one, and I try to be as objective and honest as possible.

You broke his trust, so if there was any chance in getting back together at all, it'd have to first be by earning his trust again. That said, it seems at least that he's willing to talk to you and such, so at least its not a dead friendship still with no contact.

The problem here (and why its difficult) is that he was already honest in how he felt. He said he still finds you physically attractive, but isn't interested in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship. I think its very common to find someone attractive physically without having any feelings for them. Just seeing some of the girls on this site is enough for me to see a picture and say, hey, she's pretty cute. But it stops there. I don't have any feelings for them (that'd be a little odd), and I have no intention of dating anyone.

My advise? You may still somehow end up together, but til then, don't push it. Stay friends, continue to build trust. Flirt every so often if you want, but don't make any moves and don't try to show him that you love him and stuff, it may push him away if he really isn't into you right now. As you continue to re-develop the friendship and trust, over time he may begin to see your mistake, and may choose to give you a second chance.

My honest opinion though? You may not be able to get him back. Unlike many guys that say "idk" or "I need time to think about it", he was courageous and bold enough to make the move to continue a casual friendship, and be straight forward that he has no sentimental feelings for you. So additionally you can't blame him for feeling confused or anything at this point.

• Thank you! Nevertheless,I will keep trying because I'm just such a hopeless romantic!

• You and me both, but if you're gonna try, I would strongly say at least try just staying friends for a while before trying to reconnect as boyfriend/girlfriend.

What Guys Said 3

• why would you want ex back? dumb him. He is having time of misery. And, you might not know because obviously he is lying as if he is having fun. There are things that really don't go this and the other way. and he is stuck like you think he would without you believe it or not!

• why wouldn't you want to be with the guy you cheated on him with? seems to me people never learn to deal with there decisions.

• getting back with an ex NEVER WORKS

What Girls Said 1

• "acemaster" is a d***... I wanted to know how I cld fix my boyfriend eyebrows because they are getting bad, etc, and he said "he sounds gross" so he is a jerkk...

butttt too answer your question..

i think you should just tell him, that you did make a mistake! because at least he knows that you do still have feelings fro him, etc. because if you guys still talk that means he must have some sort of feelings for you! you shld ask him if you want to make it work again! all you can do is ask! instead of never trying..