Why do men act violent when they believe they have been cheated on?

William Brian Stillwell is accused of shooting his wife Mona and her parents in an attack in Florida.
William and Mona
William and Mona
Detectives claim the couple had separated days earlier when he stormed the home of his in-laws with a weapon.

All three suffered serious injuries but are expected to survive following the shooting on New Year’s Day.

The 39-year-old has been accused of attempted murder, armed burglary, child abuse and concealing a firearm.

Police said the five-year-old twins – a boy and a girl – escaped from the home injured.

Stillwell told detectives that he recently saw a video of his wife having sex with his best friend, cops said.

He told police she was a “whore” and “he saw her cheating on him with his best friend in recorded video on her phone”.

The suspect surrendered to police after a short standoff.

Stillwell is alleged to have stormed a garden party at his wife’s parents house.
He opened fire with a 9mm semi-automatic pistol, wounding the trio.

Mona had moved in with her parents after the couple started having relationship problems.

Audio of a 911 call also reveals her shouting “get out and run, baby run” as she urges the twins to flee.

Neighbour Phil McMahon told a TV news crew: “[The father] came over to my house, told me to call 911.
"He got shot in the hip, he was bleeding.

“[Mona] was in pain, and I know she had been shot twice. I just hope he is okay.”

The father-in-law has been released from hospital, while his daughter and wife were due to undergo surgery yesterday.

Stillwell is being held at the Brevard County Jail without bail for his alleged crimes.

Shawn Eising of Melbourne Police Department said in a statement: "[The twins] were able to escape the home and run to a neighbor who was able to provide them security and some level of comfort.”

He appeared in court on Wednesday, and has been booked on a $10,000 bond.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• BECAUSE THE WORDS OF MY GOD WILL COME TO PASS

Isaiah 55:11
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void

Leviticus 20:10
    And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death

I can just go down a list of women who were stupid
    Why do men act violent when they believe they have been cheated on?Why do men act violent when they believe they have been cheated on?

its nothing new
    the older you get
    the higher the problems

THIS ISN'T SCHOOL ANYMORE DO NOT WASTE ANOTHER MANS TIME
    HE WILL KILL
    same happens to men to a lesser extent

WANNA KNOW WHY?
    CAUSE WE CHEAT LESS AND WE ARE MORE FAITHFUL

do not try to debate me on this
    WE ARE JUST BETTER HUMAN BEINGS

1|2
    3|0
  • It's not just men, as many women can go psycho too. Many women have shot their partners, stabbed them, burned or destroyed property and even cut off penises in a fit of rage.

First of many that comes to mind...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

I'm not defending men being crazy and I am not saying women are worse. It's not something only associated to one gender though.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do *PEOPLE act violent when they believe they've been cheated on? Don't generalize. People are crazy all around both men and women. I've been cheated on in the past but I didn't go psycho bitch and try to kill him. 😐

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Lorena Bobbitt
    Cut her husband's dick off while he was sleeping. Why are women so violent?

0|1
    0|0
  • What exactly is the point of this question? Are you asking it because you want it to be acceptable and no one to be pissed off when women cheat? Or are you trying to point out guns should be 100% banned so women can cheat with more peace of mind?

I can’t and don’t condone violence of this nature for this reason.

I think you know exactly why some guys react this way. It’s has nothing to do with guns or then being bone head cromagnons.

It’s because of the treachery involved with doing such a thing and the hurt it causes. You got a man? If you don’t imagine one of your exes banging you mom or sister or best friend. Not hard to imagine why a guy would be angry enough to do something like this. Again, not justifying it or saying it’s right, but I am saying it’s a stupid question and I question you motives for asking it with how you laid out all the details.

Also didn’t Carrie Underwood write a song about thrashing some guys truck for cheating? Girls love that song and go crazy for it whenever it’s played. I’d venture to guess those girls feel the same righteous indignation about being cheated on this guy felt.

0|0
    0|0
  • When a man's wife/mother of his children cheats or leaves they can feel like their life is over. Plus I can imagine that's pretty rage inducing when you work your ass off to provide for your family and your wife can't even keep your friend's dick out of her in return.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because being cheated on is pretty much the most psychologically damaging thing that can happen to you, and most people simply don't have the self-control to handle that.

0|2
    0|0
  • If a girl cheated on me id just put all her shit outside and change the locks, empty her bank account cut up her birth certificate and other documents and go get a new girl.

The temper tantrum you want to have is not worth it, plus it gives the girl validation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Primal instincts. People regress to the reflexes trained by their primitive ancestors when subjected to extreme emotions. Maybe some people have higher threshold than others. Maybe different people have different ways to output their rage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_passion#By_country

RIP

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it wrong that I feel more bad for the guy? Lmao cheating sucks enough, but to do it with his best friend? I’m not justifying him shooting his wife, but that has to be extremely traumatic. The world could honestly do without women like her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not only men. Women do this too, and pretty damn often. It just doesn't get reported on as much. And they usually stab the victim.

And the answer, there are psychopaths with anger management issues in both genders.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do women get violent during arguments or when they don't get their way?

We'll never really know unless the specific person tells us why they did it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because some people can't deal with rejection and betrayal and cheating is about as bad it gets. As bad it is violence achieves nothing except a long time behind bars.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same reason why women act violent when they've been cheated on.

2|1
    0|0
  • Why do *shitty, stupid people act violently when they believe they've been "cheated" on?

Fixed that for you.

1|0
    2|0
  • I'm not sure why. But I warn my SOs up front.. "If you cheat, I will leave you, and the man involved will die."

0|0
    1|2
    • Thats retarded. 90% the men dont know. Women aren't wonderful. No man ever made a commitment to you, she did. You know how many girls I've dated even one for a whole year only to find out later they are married or otherwise taken? Its fucking crazy. I just started dating someone new and two days of wild sex she's like by the way i have a fiance. Now i blocked her but its not my fucking fault dude. by the way i carry so i wouldn't be the one getting killed anyway. Hit your bitch not me.

• Show All
    • I have an absolutist position of no violence against women. And someone must pay in that scenario

• So why not just a random person on the street? Seems dumb. If you and your girl get in a fight at home do you storm out and go to the bar and pick a random fight? Makes no fucking sense dude. And I don't know where you live but where i do when a crazy man attacks you they often get shot. I dont think you would live long the way hos be now adays if you lived here. Shit I've used deadly force non gun weapons twice in my life no charges from dudes like you thinking you can start a fight and someones just going to take it. Stabbed someone once and broke someones jaw with a baseball bat. You can't just attack people bro. People do defend themselves and its not my job to fist fight you and play however you think is fair.

• Betrayal hurts.
    Its not just men women kill men as well.
    Betrayal messes with your mind you can't think straight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well cause they're angry...

If the person you loved and trusted most betrayed you wouldn't you be angry?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why haven't you googled "women kills husband after she finds out he cheated " before posting this?

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh fuck off, you precious women think you can get away with everything don't you, don't play with fire if you don't want to get burnt.

0|0
    2|0
  • why do men get angry when they get stabbed in the back by a person who tells them they love them?

its a mystery...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its only normal.

0|0
    1|0
  • People*

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there is no excuse for cheating and it's the worst thing you can do to somebody. You choose to be trash - you deserve to get treated like trash.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Okay, I'm going to state the obvious: this isn't a "MAN" problem - this is a PSYCHO problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • Uh, I don’t know any other man who has done that so the right question is why this guy did that.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are sick in his mind to do something like that. He is way to much out of control to have a fair conversation about it. Utterly demented and ill.

0|0
    0|0
  • From what I have seen woman to act violent when it comes to cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes