Why do men act violent when they believe they have been cheated on?

William Brian Stillwell is accused of shooting his wife Mona and her parents in an attack in Florida.
William and Mona
William and Mona
Detectives claim the couple had separated days earlier when he stormed the home of his in-laws with a weapon.

All three suffered serious injuries but are expected to survive following the shooting on New Year’s Day.

The 39-year-old has been accused of attempted murder, armed burglary, child abuse and concealing a firearm.

Police said the five-year-old twins – a boy and a girl – escaped from the home injured.

Stillwell told detectives that he recently saw a video of his wife having sex with his best friend, cops said.

He told police she was a “whore” and “he saw her cheating on him with his best friend in recorded video on her phone”.

The suspect surrendered to police after a short standoff.

Stillwell is alleged to have stormed a garden party at his wife’s parents house.
He opened fire with a 9mm semi-automatic pistol, wounding the trio.

Mona had moved in with her parents after the couple started having relationship problems.

Audio of a 911 call also reveals her shouting “get out and run, baby run” as she urges the twins to flee.

Neighbour Phil McMahon told a TV news crew: “[The father] came over to my house, told me to call 911.
"He got shot in the hip, he was bleeding.

“[Mona] was in pain, and I know she had been shot twice. I just hope he is okay.”

The father-in-law has been released from hospital, while his daughter and wife were due to undergo surgery yesterday.

Stillwell is being held at the Brevard County Jail without bail for his alleged crimes.

Shawn Eising of Melbourne Police Department said in a statement: "[The twins] were able to escape the home and run to a neighbor who was able to provide them security and some level of comfort.”

He appeared in court on Wednesday, and has been booked on a $10,000 bond.

623

Most Helpful Guys

• BECAUSE THE WORDS OF MY GOD WILL COME TO PASS

Isaiah 55:11
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void

Leviticus 20:10
    And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death

I can just go down a list of women who were stupid
    Why do men act violent when they believe they have been cheated on?Why do men act violent when they believe they have been cheated on?

its nothing new
    the older you get
    the higher the problems

THIS ISN'T SCHOOL ANYMORE DO NOT WASTE ANOTHER MANS TIME
    HE WILL KILL
    same happens to men to a lesser extent

WANNA KNOW WHY?
    CAUSE WE CHEAT LESS AND WE ARE MORE FAITHFUL

do not try to debate me on this
    WE ARE JUST BETTER HUMAN BEINGS

• It's not just men, as many women can go psycho too. Many women have shot their partners, stabbed them, burned or destroyed property and even cut off penises in a fit of rage.

First of many that comes to mind...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

I'm not defending men being crazy and I am not saying women are worse. It's not something only associated to one gender though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do *PEOPLE act violent when they believe they've been cheated on? Don't generalize. People are crazy all around both men and women. I've been cheated on in the past but I didn't go psycho bitch and try to kill him. 😐