If you were in a relationship for 15 years, and found out your partner cheated 10 years ago, would you stay?

My question is, If you were involved in a relationship with someone and you found out that they cheated like 10+ years ago on you, would you stay? Especially since, they haven't cheated since that one time? Give me an explanation of your answer.

• It was 10 years ago, (s)he has not done anything since then, so yeah.
  • I don't know....
  • Hell no! It does not matter the length of time, they cheated!
    Vote C
Just for the record, if you want to know my personal stance: One question I ask a potential date is if she ever cheated on anyone. If she answers yes, it is over. If I were in this situation, I care not if it were 100 years ago, it's over.

74

Most Helpful Girl

• TRUST. or LACK of...

How can you still live with somebody that lied to you for 10 years? How can you believe that he didn't cheated after that "once time"?

I CAN'T...

What Girls Said 6

• 15 years is a great chunk of your life , but I would WALK. People CHEAT for many reasons ( half of which are just NOT logical to me , SORRY) however it's the NOT knowing part that would BOTHER me so much. I have a hard time believing that ANYONE who could sit on a " secret" such as that one could be TRUSTED. I understand that MANY of us say we could forgive , BUT there are very FEW that will ever forget and that in it's self causes MAJOR problems. Lets be REAL here if they chose to cheat for a very selfish reason there is ALWAYS the chance that another selfish opportunity will arise.

• If you truly love the person, and you can tell they're sorry; and especially if yalls relationship is meant to last---You'll be able to talk and work through it and everything will work out. Why give up a good 10 years over something that happened long ago and they can't take back yet never did again?

• I believe traitors should die, and since the law states killing a cheater constitutes murder and is therefore illegal, I say working it out, would be like, "I understand you cheated on me, so you can continue to treat me as a doormat. I am your doormat to screw around on." Forgiving would be akin to making yourself a doormat to me.

• Thats tricky, bur personally Id stay, I know people don't agree with it. But people make mistakes and as much as I am against infidelity... sometimes you just have to forgive people for their past. If you love them and trust that it was then and will not be a now Stick it out. but ONLY if you can truly forgive the person and it will not be an ongoing issue/argument

• I don't look at it as a "mistake"... I look at it as deliberate betrayal and is unforgivable. No matter how long ago it was. I care not if it were 100 years ago.

• Im realistic as well but I think you took one stubborn stand on this topic and Id really like to say, Its very different when you're the one involved! I've been there and yes I was sh*t on for it but after that long and being with someone that long... its a hard u-turn to make and break out.

• I was cheated on 3 times, but it only took the one time for me to call it quits. In my experience, not STUBBORNNESS, I have seen where cheaters always cheat. They never quit, why? They are selfish hacks that cares not for another's feelings, but their own gratification alone, then pretend to be appologetic when they are caught. As I said, No offense to your views, but it is akin to allowing yourself to be subjugated and run over like a doormat.. Not being stubborn but not allowing for it.

• I would stay. If the person made the mistake that long ago but hasn't cheated since...then they probably learned long ago from the mistake.

• But here is my question to you... If their reason would p*ss you off, like he slept with your sister or something, would you stay then?

Btw, deliberate acts of betrayal are not mistakes.

• If he did that, then no I would not stay.

• it doesn't matter WHO he cheated on you with, either your sister,

your mother or some random woman. its the fact that he cheated on you.

• i would stay. I know its hard thinking they cheated that long ago and never told you or you never found out. but think about it you made it this far after they cheated.

good luck

• This question is for the sake of information gathering, not personal interest. Read the explanation properly and try again.

• well with some people that is the case, I agree. I know it is a choice to cheat, but if I truly loved the person I would try to work through it...eventually forgiving and then possibly forgetting

• Welcome to being doormat material... But to each his/her own...

• It'd still hurt knowing that at one point my partner was unfaithful,.

What Guys Said 4

• Hell no. I don't care how long ago it was. The trust is always going to be gone when I learn about it. And if she decides to stay with me knowing what she did, she will only come off as a selfish bitch and I don't want to be with her.

• I would stay because it's been ten years ago which is a very long time. But I don't know why they would'nt tell you earlier...honestly though I would give them another chance.

• Hell no...

• That would mean that I meant nothing to her and that when the opportunity arose she took it and cheated on me. What's to say that the next time an opportunity is present that she won't do it again or that this was the only time she did cheat?

Not to meantion that the person has been lying to me for years about it. That relationships is long dead and I'm only being used, I'd get out as soon as I could.