Why do people choose to dump their girlfriends/boyfriends on important days?

I'm just wondering why most people get dumped on birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries? I think that's the cruelest time to dump someone. Why can't the dumper wait until either days before or after the event? What the hell. Someone please explain this because I've noticed a pattern from reading posts and I've experienced this.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• You may not believe this, but it IS to hurt the other person really bad and to make it memorable. It's to make their mark on you. It's their pleasure, their trophy, and most of all it's their nature. Men and women do it to satisfy their egos. It is what it is. Some people will deny it and make excuses, but it's the truth.

What Guys Said 2

• I got dumped on NYE, at around 9 pm, went to bed by 11 pm, didn't care for the celebrations that night

• happen to me on Christmas eve..and got kicked out of the apartment..9:30 at night...hours before christmas..even called the police to come get me.

What Girls Said 3

• to make it memorable for you, so that like every Christmas or every New Years ud remember it! which is pretty messed up, but most of them regret it anyways! I really don't think it matters because to every end there's a new beginning, and Christmas, new years, easter, whatever it is, IS your new beginning!

• I got dumped the day after my three month anniversary even when the guy told me he loved me still and didn't want to breakup. oh did I mention it was two weeks before christmas. jerk. I don't know why they do this. maybe around those times of the years people think more or feel like too much is going on in their life? I really don't know. sorry haha.

• Based on statistics its usually 2 wks before Christmas (I found out after doing it) and after vday (no 1 wants to be dateless haha)