I’ve read so many responses from people with broken hearts from being cheated on... Then why do so many people still cheat?

It hurts just to think about it!!I’ve read so many responses from people with broken hearts from being cheated on... Then why do so many people still cheat?

4|6

Most Helpful Guys

• It doesn't hurt the cheater.
    And I think most people who have been cheated come to platforms like this to vent or find some humanity or just to not think about the pain or to think more about it...
    Basically you've read so many stories just because many people who have been cheated on want to share them.

2|0
    0|0
    • That’s a valid point about the amount of stories I’ve read. Just wish I could see the good stuff too. It’s a bit disheartening.

• You could ask old couples to tell their stories

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 59

• Because a lot of people are wired to be selfish and rarely does anything happen when they do cheat so in their minds it is justified. A woman can cheat and her female friends will pat her on the back for it, I have seen that happen many times.

2|1
    0|0
  • Why Do. That's a good questions. I'm not sure there's any one person that can answer that for you.
    I don't think that the majority of pepole that cheat. Do it with the intent to hurt some one other than them selves.
    I would tell you there are lots of reasons why pepole do things that don't have anything to do with there partner.
    For the most part pepole are good. At least that's what they tell us.
    See, I start out thinking I'm going to put something down here that I hope will make you fell a little better. Let you know your not alone and that this too shall pass. And all of this is true.
    While sitting and thinking of what to say next. I feel things inside of me swirling around. I guess really what I need to here and possible you also. These thing happen to all of us and I can sit here and blow smoke up your ass about how it's probably not your fault, and it's not. Some thing all of us need to remember is these pepole that we go out and meet. some times were lucky and meet some one that seems nice enough. Threes a lot going on out there. A lot of diffrent things we might not under stand or maybe its them that need this to. What everyone out there looking for some one needs to remember is. You need to keep being the same good person you are till you find the one for you.
    Most of all don't become like me callus and jaded.
    See while sitting here trying to make you feel better. I realize I'm not in or looking too get into a relationship because not only what they might do to me but also the way I interact with them now because of the way I've been treated in the past. For me it's just not right to subject some one to that.
    Your young. You will feel better. You know what they say.
    If you get throne from the horse. Take a minute. And then get back up there and stop your snivelin.
    I'm not sure I said anything I wanted to. Or everything I should have.
    But it's time for me to get on to another opinion.
    Good luck. Have fun and be safe out there.

1|1
    0|0
  • I’ve read so many responses from people with broken hearts from being cheated on... Then why do so many people still cheat?

2|2
    0|0
  • That legit makes no sense. People been hurt by something don't mean people won't do so honestly don't get the correlation to even think about this or ask this question.

1|0
    0|0
    • What I mean is that with so many people being hurt by it, why does it seem like cheating is still so prevalent? It would seem like people would learn from the experience of others?

• Nah people don't learn.
      And don't care.
      I mean if it worked like that murder and other things wouldn't happen.
      But unfountaly it don't.

• One way to look at it is people cheat because other people date cheaters. It's the same reoccurimg trend. Guy/girl goes into relationship after hearing of their partners previous relations ending with cheating. It doesn't have to be cheating either, people just have some serious standards issues.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no Idea, to me cheating is the most coward thing you could do. Just be straight up and break up if you're not feeling for the person anymore, it still hurts but there's no pretty way to end a relationship.

Cheating is basically the asshole way of breaking up, itll hurt the other person and itll make it question herself/himself.

I guess people still cheat because they can't be happy with 1 person and are greedy for more... no idea, never cheated or thought of doing it

1|0
    0|1
  • My ex used the fact that she was cheated on by another guy as an excuse to cheat on me. She said she was loyal before that but she couldn't trust again and whatever. Maybe that helps explain some of it. Lots of people that just dont care though, are selfish and whatnot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people lack impulse control & like instant gratification. These are the same people who love to gamble, do drugs, avoid taking responsibility. I’m not saying they all cheat but a huge number of them do

1|0
    0|0
  • It has become such a “me” based society here that it’s all we truly care about. I love you with all of my heart, but deep down, I really only care about #1. Me me me me me.

I’ve been cheated on. I still have enough faith to put myself out there. No risk, no reward. Right?

1|0
    0|0
    • Cheating has been around for all of mankind's existence. It's not a new phenomenon to this day and age or society.

• Do you think it happens more today than before? Or do you think it just seems that way because it has become a topic more openly talked about than before?

• I think it just seems that way, for one thing. Consider though, years and years it was more commonplace in many different societies for men to have mistresses or concubines.

• It also shouldn't be surprise now why more and more people are just remaining single and/or avoiding dating and relationships altogether than ever before because they don't ever want to be in a situation where they end up heartbroken because of lies and betrayal and have their trust broken by someone they thought they could trust. They had done themselves a favor by never getting involved with somebody else at all in the first place, why bother setting oneself up for heartbreak, grief, frustrations, and disappointments at all in the very first place?

1|0
    0|0
    • Because sometimes you accidentally find someone who is worth loving and you want to make it work.

• I've long stopped looking for anybody though. Accidentally? Still a gamble, rolling the dice, hoping everything would all just work out somehow, what can possibly ever go wrong?

• To many variables to consider in the equation.

When it comes to it it has to do with attitude and how we have chosen to be as a person.

People in general tends to gravitate towards destructive side even self destructive one and doesn't want to take responsibility.

1|0
    0|0
  • People cheat because their relationship is rushed. When two egos clash, the road is bound for disaster. When people want for different things from a relationship, but grow impatient to enter one, things like cheating is likely.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's sad to think of, but it's harder to see from the outside, it's about boredom and taking for granted what you really have

3|1
    0|0
  • Not getting what they want, or need... I mean, cheating is the sucker way out. But people cheat when they aren’t getting what they want or need. Women cheat when they aren’t getting the emotional component usually, men when they aren’t getting the physical.. but there are also plenty of buttholes out there too

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is a selfish act , the person that cheats only really cares about themselves , they dont think about their partner, a lot of times a cheater will think their partner is cheating on them and dry to use that as their excuse to why they cheat. Why people shouldn't get into relationships if they can't trust themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • Because people don't see it as doing something too their partner. They're just doing something and if the partner doesn't find out they dont feel hurt. It's not right, but just about no one cheats to hurt someone else just like most people don't lie to hurt you. They lie to get themselves out of trouble and so on. Essentially they do it FOR themselves rather than doing something against you if that makes sense

1|1
    0|0
    • Then why wouldn’t they just be single if that’s what they want to do?

• 4d

@Calixx

It's rare that people decide to cheat, before the day it happens. You have someone in a state who is now predisposed to cheat. Then the opportunity presents itself and they act or don't. There are some people who actually try and cheat, get shut down then go back to their relationship and end it. Or don't. Lots of shit people out there

• I think that a lot of the reason people cheat is because they think they won't get caught. They just figure that once in a while isn't a big deal... it's amazing how those people rationalize their behavior. I stumbled across an adultery page on Reddit, and I began to just talk with people. I was surprised to find out how many of those people are off in Lala Land.

2|0
    0|0
  • They think the grass is greener on the other side then when the guy uses the girl and does not want her no more she tried to get me back what did she think l was blind and daft there was no trust left l told her to get lost l stayed a single guy as 3 girls cheat on me there regret we all lost out

1|0
    1|0
  • I saw an article once that said scientists did a study and found the average human gets bored with their partner after 12 years.

My dad cheated on my mom on several occasions and she's still with him

1|0
    0|0
    • That's sad... She should have dumped him. If I found out that my dad did that to my mom, I would disown him and urge her to dump him

• @gothgirl997 I know, but I didn't want my parents to divorce. Otherwise she would have.

In his defense, their sex life sucked. I mean, my mom could've at least faked an orgasm. Or at least sucked his dick.

• Simple people can bee a holes plain and simple. They dont understand that they hurt you or care less for others feelings. Narcitists only think of themselfs. They think of getting what they want regardless of killing the other person inside. They constantly what the bigger and better things in life. They want things to move quick and smooth for themselfs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the cheaters are immoral and will continue that behavior. Good people have to try to find other good people, but it isn't easy since so many people lie and hide their true intentions.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never cheated, but have been cheated on. I really do not understand the mentality. Why be in a relationship if you want to play the field? Yet I was happy when I found out because I was able to dump her and look for someone worthy of my attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never cheated or been cheated on if in relationship im there cause i want a relationship just 1 person to be with otherwise be single and have as many as you want have been there 2 but thats the right way to go about it

1|0
    0|0
    • So true, and I hope u r never cheated. It hurts like a hell on earth!

• @Ponycargirl12 i could imagine its not great pony im sorry, i had a friend who owned a buisines married, couple kids found out his wife had been cheating 6 months everything fell apart it devastating

• the people who know people are in a relationship and still pursue them are just as bad or worse in my opinion, but ultimately the person in the relationship should not go there to begin with

• I've been cheated on by many women. I have never cheated, and I never will.
    If you are tempted and willing to cheat, then just break up first, and then go do as you please.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they are selfish and unempathetic people. They don't care about any one else and they are hyper impulsive with no self control. It's terrible, I've known several men who where cheated on by their wives and those women didn't give a damn how it hurt their husband nor did they think or care about the impact it would have on their children (one of them ran off with the guy abandoning her husband and their daughter. TWICE.). Its disgusting, that's why we need to make sure we never give leeway for the behavior, their is no excuse for it, they didn't make a mistake (cheating is absolutely premeditated and intentional), it wasn't an accident, they are not ultimately still good people etc. They are scumbags and they need to be held accountable for their actions and pay penance for the wrongs they have done.

2|0
    0|0
  • People who cheat thinks their victims as some used things. Eg. Like old clothes. Because they don't care about other's emotions and become selfish.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea sting. But it is. one of the worst things you could do to your lover. The paint is horrible. Everyone knows it. And yet cheater cheat. Why? Because the only thing that matters it themselves.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why? Because the only thing that matters to them as their own selves. Pure selfishness

• Our society has evolved into sex over relationships.

3|1
    0|0
  • Because we live in a world populated with selfish scumbags. There's too much of the mentality "There's no right or wrong. Just do what feels good." It's disgusting.

1|1
    0|0
    • People have no inhibitions or self control

And anybody who expects others to behave properly will be called "moral police " or "sjw"

"There's no right or wrong "

• "There's no right or wrong, but if you disagree with me you're a racist and a sexist and a Nazi".

• I agree with you.

• Yes it makes no sense and these heart broken people
    go back and forth with their ex , Judas Priest give it a
    break a ex is ex for reason. Hell i been single for 14 years
    i think i have the right idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• It hurts so much!! But i guess in trying to see it from their perspective... in my case, he was cowardly/insecure. He didn't want to end it and hurt me before moving on. Really he didn't want to end it with me til he knew something else was working out for him..

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people just can’t be faithful to one person. I dated a guy like that years ago and he told me up front he couldn’t be faithful, but I was an idiot and thought I could change that (and he did try). We parted friends and we still talk, but truthfully though some people just simply don’t care and others do it for validation and attention (I. E. attention from the opposite sex does wonders for the ego even if it isn’t your boyfriend or girlfriend)

1|0
    0|0
  • Because people move to fast in order to get sex and find out that they really don't find the other that sexually attractive to them after all. You can find someone you think does some cute things, and then after awhile they start to annoy you. So they start to see if they can find someone more compatible but instead of just breaking up they cheat. It's kind of like looking for a new job before quitting a present job.

1|0
    0|0
  • Here the thing: being cheated on doesn't mean you'd do it. Most people that cheat do it for their own personal reason. The key here is that they don't care about thr other person's feelings. This is more about feeling self-confident or less empty inside. Cheating is very selfish, you know...

1|1
    0|0
  • Even people who've had their hearts broken from having been cheated on, sometimes end up cheating on a future partner.

Humans are selfish, irrational, and inconsistent.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they are more concerned with having sex than they are with their partner's well being.

2|1
    0|0
    • is that men are more concerned about havind sex or both sexes.

why dont people have more friends with benefits fb or open relationships less problems then

• @manmeat are you asking if only men cheat? Or if I think that only men cheat?

And there are plenty of completions that come from those type of relationships too.

• People have many reasons. Boredom, revenge, separation from their SO and loneliness, other reasons.

1|1
    0|1
    • then why not end relationship move on?

• People that's in that situation doesn't think in that way many times do to how they have chosen to be at some point in life.

• I don't know males try to use excuses like they are naturally poly it is so dumb and sad

1|0
    0|1
  • I have no idea I will never understand why someone would cheat. It’s very painful and evil.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people are just assholes

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause they don’t think they be caught.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they can...

0|0
    0|0
  • They're selfish people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are cowards and losers

0|0
    0|0
    • I read many responses here justifying cheating. There's no excuse for cheating. If you aren't attracted to your partner anymore have the decency to end it properly

• Bcz u can't change people's habit.

1|0
    0|0
  • My husband cheated on me and I still don't understand.
    He was a shitty husband for so long that I just pulled away from him emotionally.
    It caused me to have sudden panic attacks completely out of the blue.
    An affair can cause post traumatic stress syndrome in some cases and this is what happened to me.

1|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes