Do I really know him?

We've been dating for 4months now. I thought I knew everything about him, but today he tells me" there's a lot you don't know about me" and it has me wondering, what don't I know? I don't like this feeling cause I feel like I tell him everything. please help. I love him, but I don't want this to end our relationship.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been dating my boyfriend for about 6 years and I don't know everything about him and vis versa. Its good to keep learning about him. We all have a dark secret or regret which might be best left alone. However, him saying directly, "you don't know a lot about me," makes me infer that you assumed you did know everything and he reacted in a defending way. Would you expect to actually know EVERYTHING about him in as little as 4 months? Just don't come across as "I know it all."(not that you do). Details that were never brought up in the beginning of a relationship unravel as it grows. Let him know you accept that you might not know a lot but you love to learn about him and you know how to make him happy, and isn't that all that really matters :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• hey so this def shouldn't end your relationship. 4 months doesn't sound long but in a relationship, its enough time to fall in love and go crazy for someone so breaking up would be bad

at the same time, four months seems like enough time to really get to know someone and if he says there's a lot you don't know about me.. you have a right to be likee um what the f***.

like you shouldn't get mad jsut say uve been thinking about it a lot and want to know.. I don't know how your guy is but if he says that... maybe he wants you to know?

like I feel like if he brings it up, he has to come out with it and tell you cause now its just going to be stuck in your head and your always gonna be thinkingabout it.

like you never know... maybe he was jsut saying it to sound mysterious and sexy. and if that's the reason don't embarass him cause he won't want to admit it jut say its cute or something haha:)

• well, he told me that hell tell me when he sees me again, and that scares me a lil

• There's so many things you can learn from just one person. 10 years from now, you'll still be learning new things about your partner.