If you were on a break in your relationship and your partner slept with someone else, would you count this as cheating?

414

What Guys Said 14

• Yes

A break doesn’t mean you aren’t together. It means you are still together just taking time off. So yes of course it’s cheating
    It’s like taking vacation from work. Can you say you don’t work there just cause you are on a 2 month vacation. Of course not 😛

• I don't really understand breaks, but yes I would still count it as cheating. if we are still in a committed relationship, regardless of any break, it is still cheating.

• wtf does "to be on break" even mean?
    Is it like a reservation with each other where you two stops caring for one another for a while but cannot date other people?

• Yes its cheating, break doesn't me ok you can go fuck someone else while i take a break, might as well call it a break up so of course its cheating smh

• Taking a break is often another way of saying I want to have sex with someone else. Same with "lets separate for a while."

Yes it is cheating.

• I wouldn't accept a break to begin with. Break up and no coming back.

• No, but that she was interested in someone else like that would indicate to me that it would be best to make the break permanent.

• Yes. Also "breaks" doesn't exist. You're with someone, or you're not. If you want a break, then break up

• no, hence its called a break. not a time off, a BREAK.

• That's one of the biggest jokes I hear from people in a relationship 😂
    "I'm taking a break"

• I don't believe in "breaks" anyway.

• Nope because a break is a breakup

• Ask Rachel or Ross

• would be kind of hard to wouldn't it

What Girls Said 4

• hey i this comment of Gwennie333 around the we were on break joke of FRIENDS can really help you:

they didn’t discuss what this break ment, which was the issue. Thye both give a different meaning to the “being on a break”.

I personally don’t think Ross should have slept with anyone. I can’t understand how he excuses it to himself. She didn’t say break up, he didn’t ask if they where broken up. He even said later that “for all he knew, we where broken up” which is very different then “we’d broken up”. He thought they might have bene broken up, but wasn’t sure.

Apart from that, morally, even if they had been broken up, I wouldn’t really understand it.

I don’t agree with Rachel her whole thing either. Why is she taking no responsibility of her own? Why is she calling him a cheater? Why is she, years later, not able to get over it? It fits with her personality and I sadly know people unable to understand other people their points, but I really wish she could at least try to understand his side.

• I dont consider it cheating, but I wouldn't get back together with them. If we're on a break (meaning we plan to come back together and discuss whether or not we will continue the relationship), I'm expecting you to be thinking about me and our relationship. If you're taking this opportunity to just sleep with other women, that's not okay with me.

• No I wouldn't

• Nope but probs wouldn't get back with them.