Would you rather break up with someone or would you rather be broken up with?

• Break up with someone
  • Be broken up with

2415

Most Helpful Girls

• I hate breaking up with someone. Makes me feel horrible. And hey, if they break up with me, they can only regret it down the road. But either way, I'd rather feel the pain than to bring it upon someone else

• If a break-up occurs it is because something in a relation did not work out the way it should have.

I would rather break up the relation myself because if such a measure is necessary, that would mean that I have an excellent reason to do it.

I would never break up a relation without a very valid reason. In this featured case, that would mean that my partner was unfaithful at worse or acted in such a way that was no longer possible for me to keep the relation intact.

And since to me, being open and talking with my partner is of utmost importance, I can only assume that I was not up to what was expected of me for my partner to find elsewhere what I could not give. I would certainly not be unfaithful because when I go into a relation, then I expect it to last a life long.

But then, if I have to give my partner the boot, then it is because I have also failed in my commitment and given the person a reason to find another individual that has something to offer that I cannot or not willing to give.

Most Helpful Guys

• Be broken up with: lts the only way I'll leave the relationship

• Me and my partner recently split and I’ve been miserable if I’m honest, she did the splitting up and I agreed so we were on the same page, but if I’d done the talking / breaking up I’d regret it a lot so it was better coming from her, it meant I could start grieving for the relationship because I wasn’t torn about a decision I didn’t wholly make. My partner before that I broke up with, years later I saw her and had a coffee and only then did I really feel confirmation I’d made the right decision, which is weird because I thought I already had but emotions and brains work in funny ways I guess. Overall I think for me it’d depend on the relationship and the actual person I’m with, I was truly in love with my recent partner and from her was better, the time before was in love with me and I wasn’t on the same page so it was better for me to do it I think. Hope that made sense 🙂