Would you rather break up with someone or would you rather be broken up with?

• Break up with someone
    Vote A
  • Be broken up with
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I hate breaking up with someone. Makes me feel horrible. And hey, if they break up with me, they can only regret it down the road. But either way, I'd rather feel the pain than to bring it upon someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • If a break-up occurs it is because something in a relation did not work out the way it should have.

I would rather break up the relation myself because if such a measure is necessary, that would mean that I have an excellent reason to do it.

I would never break up a relation without a very valid reason. In this featured case, that would mean that my partner was unfaithful at worse or acted in such a way that was no longer possible for me to keep the relation intact.

And since to me, being open and talking with my partner is of utmost importance, I can only assume that I was not up to what was expected of me for my partner to find elsewhere what I could not give. I would certainly not be unfaithful because when I go into a relation, then I expect it to last a life long.

But then, if I have to give my partner the boot, then it is because I have also failed in my commitment and given the person a reason to find another individual that has something to offer that I cannot or not willing to give.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Be broken up with: lts the only way I'll leave the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my partner recently split and I’ve been miserable if I’m honest, she did the splitting up and I agreed so we were on the same page, but if I’d done the talking / breaking up I’d regret it a lot so it was better coming from her, it meant I could start grieving for the relationship because I wasn’t torn about a decision I didn’t wholly make. My partner before that I broke up with, years later I saw her and had a coffee and only then did I really feel confirmation I’d made the right decision, which is weird because I thought I already had but emotions and brains work in funny ways I guess. Overall I think for me it’d depend on the relationship and the actual person I’m with, I was truly in love with my recent partner and from her was better, the time before was in love with me and I wasn’t on the same page so it was better for me to do it I think. Hope that made sense 🙂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• Be broken up with. It feels terrible of course, but it's still probably easier than the other way round, when you are plagued by your consciousness and always ask yourself if you did the right thing... :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I would break up woth someone for it hurts you les in someway for you want that to happen and your ready to move on instead the other way around. here is a link to my question
    Would this be emmbarsing for a guy to have ie at the end of their name? ↗

0|0
    0|0
  • I have broken up with pretty much all my boyfriends, one guy would fade me out and wait for me to contact him as end it. But come back when I now believe it didn't work out elsewhere sooo... I prefer this type of man to end things, shows me he has some respect for me and he actually has a backbone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Although both do definetely suck, I would prefer to be broken up with. This way I can deal with being lovesick without also feeling regrets of hurting someone and asking myself if I did the right thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it has to happen as it did with me and my boyfriend of 2 years, it's best to decide mutually, that way it's amicable and you both walk away not hating each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather a guy break up with me. I hate to be the cause of someone else's pain. I'm a string person, s

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Sorry, i submitted in error, before I'd finished typing lol " I'm a strong person , so I'd be able to adapt and accept him ending it with me "

• Let them break up with me so I don't have to come up with a lame excuse.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not picky but I'd rather get dumped than have someone constantly letting me know they're disappointed. And then not want to break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up with someone it’s not nearly as painful and as damaging to your self esteem

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d prefer to be broken up with, I don’t like hurting others feelings so I’d prefer mine to I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • Break up with em that’s how it’s been in all my relationships

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer to break up with them.
    Having my self esteem ripped apart again just isn’t it chief.

0|0
    0|0
  • Broken with cause I dont want to feel guilty at the end

0|0
    0|0
  • Be broken up with

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather cut it off

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted A.

0|0
    0|0
  • They should break up with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d rather be over then to continue in Misery.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up...

0|0
    0|0
  • Be broken up with so it can be final. If I break up with somebody I will slways wonder if I did the right tjing and want to go back

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm too sensitive so I'd hate to be the one announcing the news

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean on my past relationships I've never had the guts to break up with them first.. but i push them to do it and thats what they always say when they break up, that this is what I've been pushing them to do.

Id rather break up with them but i can't do it.. so im okay with being broken up with.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Break up with someone. Getting hurt is garbage.

At least it hurts less than getting broken up with. You feel less powerless.

0|0
    0|0
  • separation hurts, don't like it. I've found the women so far are not good at breaking up or ending. so I have to... and I hadn't been so good at it, but I'd rather do the breaking.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather break up with somebody than be broken up with.

Being broken up with means I'd deal with heavy depression for a long ass time.

Breaking up with someone... I feel a bit guilty but, it's for the best if things aren't working out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather be broken up with. I handle rejection very well plus I wouldn't want to make someone feel like they are not good enough or hurt their feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • if i liked girl and she broke up with me i would probably kill my self or get super aggresive and do something stupid and end up in police.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

and if i broke up with her still it would be hard, i mean if i dont like her it wouldn't be big problem to break up

• I've always been the one to break things up, and though it sucks, I can't imagine how bad it is when the person you like breaks up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like neither... Rather not have to choose the least of two painful
    occurrences.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up with me. That way I cannot regret anything

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless I really have to I would rather be broken up with than break up with someone
    Easy way out

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes a lot of guts breaking up with someone. I'd rather be the one broken up with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather they break-up with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather to not be in a break-up situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be thoughtful but direct

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes