How to walk away?

I am in love with this guy. We've been together off and on for 4 years. he's an amazing guy and we have a great connection both physically and emotionally. Our relationship is honestly picture perfect if that's possible. We never argue over anything and the only disagreement we've ever had is over the fact he won't commit to me. We've talked about the future, marriage, kids, etc. He brought the marriage topic up. That was never on my radar bc I've been married prior and have kids with my ex. He has kids with his ex too but they never married. When I ask him what his reservations are about moving in together he just tells me he's scared and needs time. I know he loves me I've never doubted that but I dont understand what he's so scared of? I'm at the point where I feel like he's never going to commit to me and I'm just wasting my time. But how do I walk away from someone that I'm so crazy over?

2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think you really need to be honest about how "picture perfect" this relationship really is. If your connection is so great, why are you guys so on and off? Why does this perfect relationship seem to have such an obvious communication issue?

If it really is this perfect, then you should be patient but like everything on GAG, we're only hearing at most half of the story here so before you decide, i think you need to be really honest about the type of relationship you two have. You have no idea how many times I've heard a woman describe hookups with a fuckboy as if the two were having a passionate, romantic courtship. I get that you're into this guy, but be honest with yourself about what this relationship really is like.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I say on and off because we have broke up twice in 4 years for less than a week. The first time was early in our relationship over a jealousy issue and the last time was a couple weeks ago because I got upset when he told me he was scared of moving in with me. I admit it was selfish of me to push the issue. Our relationship isn't perfect but it's close in comparison to what I've been through with my ex.

What Girls Said 3

• Response to

“ guys don’t like being pressured”

It’s not realistic to not apply pressure in a mutual relationship. People apply pressure constantly it’s nit negative. And having different needs is going to be a pressure in itself. It’s fundhhg a balance of pressures basically. No one likes feeling negative pressure but pressure is unavoidable. And if something is important to one person and it will not ever necessarily be important to another, the solution is not necessarily to do nothing and smile. we all have pressures that we have to deal with. The relationship is not just about one person or who feels more pressured.

Guys don’t like being pressured usually means they don’t feel like doing something they don’t feel like doing. Which is any of us but adults are able to deal with that rationally and make decisions. He’s not a child. He should be able to handle what she needs. It doesn’t mean he will want the same but she should be able to discuss it , esp since he brought it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't walk away you hang in there sooner or later he'll decide to move forward with the relationship.
    It's in his time not yours, the last thing you should do is put pressure on him, no guy likes to feel pressured and it usually backfires anyway.
    Relax and enjoy him, by you doing that will make him move faster towards making it official.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Thank you, I needed to hear that.

• You don't. You give him as long as it takes. And in the meantime you be together the ways that you can. Change IS scary and it IS hard. So take time with the one you love to give him that understanding, compassion and unconditional love.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Thank you for taking the time to respond. You made me realize that I'm being selfish by pushing the issue. I'll back off and let him decide when he's ready.

• 4d

That's all you can do. Relinquish control.

• 4d

And you're welcome.

Recommended myTakes