Do you think mental illness is any excuse to cheat on someone?

As in, is depression/anxiety/bipolar or anything of the sort a reason a person will continuously want to go back to an ex and cheat in their current relationship?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's may be a contributing factor. But it doesn't excuse the action. I think it's important to understand that sometimes mental illnesses can cause someone to act out like that, and if you feel like you're equipped to deal with it and be with the person then that's great. But you're also not obligated to stay with them if they're acting in a way that makes you uncomfortable or in a way that you don't know how to handle.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Cheating is a choice, so there's no need to try to find excuses for what happened.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• well it seems its ok to kill someone if you have a relevant mental illness so ill yes its ok to cheat if its relevant... not like something that makes no sense though...

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no.

If you're gonna do something stupid like that, the least you can do is officially end things with your rebound first.

1|0
    0|0
  • no its not
    cheating is a choice not a mentall ilness

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no such thing as an excuse to cheat.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, as long as you are sane, you are accountable.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no such thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo. It’s an explanation but NOT an excuse.

0|0
    0|0
  • No definetly not

0|0
    0|0
  • Not with your examples
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not!

0|0
    0|0
  • No it’s not, I’ve suffered a bad case of anxiety and a little of depression but even so I find it wrong to cheat on someone, it’s no excuse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not with the illnesses you described. A person with them is still sane and reasonable, and is aware of their conduct and its possible consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no excuse to cheat on someone it’s wrong

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes