Should lack of trust be a deal breaker for a couple?

I was dating this guy for 2 months and the chemistry was incredible. The sex is amazing, and he’s a really sweet with me. Even his physical feature is the way I portrayed the perfect man of my dreams. He look incredibly perfect but his suspicious mind was about to kill me. Two days ago, he came to my place to surprise me, and at this time my cousin ( that he never meet), was having a dinner with me. When he saw him he immediately changed, he became rude and disrespectful, and the fact that my cousin and i doesn’t share the same family name ( our mothers are sisters) made him more suspicious. I was swearing that this guy was my cousin but he didn’t wanted to believe me and even my cousin was trying to convince him, but he didn’t calmed down, and the conversation went to a point that a nerd in my brain exploded and my nose started to bleed, then I collapsed on the floor. That’s then when he understood that he made a mistake, and even my cousin called him a crazy freak, and I had to admit that he was right on this point. I was crying and screaming by telling him that I wasn’t cheating but he didn’t believed me anymore. Right now he is calling every 20 minutes and ask me to forgive him and he even cried by insulting himself when I woke up from the trauma but I don’t know if I can forgive how he hurted me and humiliated me. At first I thought that his jealousy and possessiveness was really cute, but I am starting to be affraid because of this Should lack of trust be a deal breaker for a couple?

719

Most Helpful Guys

• To be honest he was very extreme and this is not expected from someone who is mature enough for a relationship. I mean I accept that he is apologetic and sorry and he should be but his behaviour is something that will remain the same I mean if tomorrow again he sees you with some other cousin then he will repeat the same and if he continues like this I think it will become damm difficult for this relationship to survive.

• A NERD in your brain exploded? That must have been incredibly painful!

If you don't have trust, you don't have a future relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s a flaming red flag.
    A little jealousy is cute, but this? No, I had guy I dated get mad because I was with my brother once. Different last names. Same dad. Needless to say I completely ignored his little fit. 😂
    When he was done acting stupid I explained. He felt incredibly dumb.