What are your thoughts on child support?

Basically this man has to pay 20,000 in child support to his ex mistress he has 2 children with. He also has to pay for vacations, and pay her mortgage off. I was curious what you alls thoughts on this were.
Thoughts? Do you find this excessive?

www.freep.com/.../

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It is excessive but not unusual. My ex got the house I worked and paid for so a free home for her as well as 2 cars. She also receives around 80% of my monthly wages in child support but I am going back to court over it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t understand marriage in cases like this. I can’t see ripping someone for almost all of what they worked for... I can see some help, but some cases I read turn my stomach.

• Show All
    • @EclipseoftheHeart The bottom line was she had a really good lawyer while mine was next to useless.

• When it comes to losing that much you should have had the best lawyer you could get.

• Mortgage, vacations? Are you sure you're not talking about alimony?

0|0
    0|0
    • Read the article. I don’t know why he’s ordered to do som much for her. I thought it sounded like alimony and child support too. Asinine!!

• Show All
    • Hints me say I cringed. It’s excessive.

• Yes, just a tad bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Hence the word “mistress” that’s what his ass get.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Absolutely, just because he didn't want to look after his mess with his mistress doesn't mean he shouldn't have to. Bastards deserve the same financial support kids born in wedlock do in my opinion. Otherwise it just encourages guys to pump and run which leaves the woman screwed (they often don't know the men have wives)

0|0
    0|0
  • first he had a lousy lawyer, and if he make good money, its going to reflect in his child support. That he should have no issues paying, and if he does, he should pay it anyway.. It his kids.. his flesh and blood.. AND it if he welches, his kids will resent him..

The other stuff, that is called marital property. even if they were not married. assuming the shared a home.. That shitis fought out between lawyers. ..

0|1
    0|1
    • It's probably better to just live separately, and go together and watch the submarine races from time to time. :)
      What are your thoughts on child support?

• Show All
    • Hey, I've I'm ever in a bind, I'm going to find a pitbull to represent me in court. Even the judges are afraid of them.

• @ChetAtkins representation with a bite!

• It's needed, but not to the extent of what you said in that story. My father pays child support, but only 500 dollars per month or something like that. He could pay more and my mother has told me she could get him to pay a whole hell a lot more, but she wants him to live his own life too. Plus, he's helped my mother, siblings, and I a lot outside of paying for child support.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wtf. Why is he paying her mortgage? She must have dirt on him that's unspeakable in all 50 states and 9 US territories

And also why doesn't the person with the most money just take the kids since money is so important that you'll lock men up for not paying.
    ~Mr Bails Extraordinaire

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea they drain the guy of most of what he makes then when he falls behind still put him in jail he should have to pay but some of that stuff needs to change they throw them in jail and take their driver's license away how does that help the guy work and pay child support when his license is gone?

0|0
    0|0
  • Child support only. Ordering him to pay for her house when they were never married is just insane, but Florida state laws tend to be weird.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah seems excessive. The court system is not a system of revenge, its supposed to be a system of justice.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with it but men you should really be careful with single mothers

0|0
    0|0
  • It needs to be rehauled in order to prevent someone paying for a child that isn't theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Children need it.
    Children are VERY expensive these days.
    https://money.cnn.com/2014/08/18/pf/child-cost/
    money.cnn.com/.../index.html
    www.thestreet.com/.../cost-to-raise-child-14814957

Thus the cost should be split over both parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Glad my ex is paying it.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex wife tried. It didn't work.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes