Why do people get back with their ex's?

What's your reasons for getting back with your ex? โฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธ select an option.

... There's a guy, who i know, he's spending time with his ex-girlfriend (so i assume he still likes her?) but he always stares at me and looks sad / hurt when he sees me talking to other guys. And he watches me when I'm talking to other people. I also hear him talking to his friends about me / i hear him saying my name etc.
Why would he pay so much attention to me, if he wants his ex back?
It's so weird, cos if he's still talking to his ex, surely he still likes her?
  • They can't find anyone else, so they settle for their ex // they're lonely
  • They still have feelings for them 💔 // can't get over them
  • The sex was good! 💦
    Vote C
  • They feel sorry for their ex
    Vote D
  • They're too scared of rejection to try to find someone else
    Vote E
I shoud have put an "other option"
If someone tries to get back with an ex, does it usually end badly? (like it did the first time)

916

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I think most people that get back with their exes are desperate, stupid, idiots, have low self esteem... the list goes on.

But some people DO have somewhat acceptable reasons for getting back with their exes: maybe they have kids and want to make things work for the sake of the family. Or they have a history together and find it hard to just let things go.

But the way I see it, there's a reason someone is your "ex": you should no longer have communication with them, or as little as possible. But pretty much every reason you listed above covers it: the sex is good, loneliness, fear of not being able to find anyone else that will take them...

Like I said, pathetic really. But that goes back to them having low self esteem and confidence.

Most Helpful Guys

• Going back to their ex is more comfortable than trying to build something with someone new. The unknown is scary. At least with their ex, they know what they are getting into. It's a tough cycle to break.

• He definitely likes u but probably his first real relationship and is afraid to let her go he will see one day definitely takes time