Why do people get back with their ex's?

What's your reasons for getting back with your ex? โฌ‡๏ธโฌ‡๏ธ select an option.

... There's a guy, who i know, he's spending time with his ex-girlfriend (so i assume he still likes her?) but he always stares at me and looks sad / hurt when he sees me talking to other guys. And he watches me when I'm talking to other people. I also hear him talking to his friends about me / i hear him saying my name etc.
Why would he pay so much attention to me, if he wants his ex back?
It's so weird, cos if he's still talking to his ex, surely he still likes her?
  • They can't find anyone else, so they settle for their ex // they're lonely
    Vote A
  • They still have feelings for them 💔 // can't get over them
    Vote B
  • The sex was good! 💦
    Vote C
  • They feel sorry for their ex
    Vote D
  • They're too scared of rejection to try to find someone else
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I shoud have put an "other option"
If someone tries to get back with an ex, does it usually end badly? (like it did the first time)

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I think most people that get back with their exes are desperate, stupid, idiots, have low self esteem... the list goes on.

But some people DO have somewhat acceptable reasons for getting back with their exes: maybe they have kids and want to make things work for the sake of the family. Or they have a history together and find it hard to just let things go.

But the way I see it, there's a reason someone is your "ex": you should no longer have communication with them, or as little as possible. But pretty much every reason you listed above covers it: the sex is good, loneliness, fear of not being able to find anyone else that will take them...

Like I said, pathetic really. But that goes back to them having low self esteem and confidence.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Going back to their ex is more comfortable than trying to build something with someone new. The unknown is scary. At least with their ex, they know what they are getting into. It's a tough cycle to break.

1|0
    0|0
  • He definitely likes u but probably his first real relationship and is afraid to let her go he will see one day definitely takes time

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A lot of reasons. Things get complicated, but the smartest thing is not giving in to any of that. If that person is your ex, its for a reason. That relationship won't make a lasting thing.

1|1
    0|0
  • I went back to some exes for fun, but only after I got fully over them. For me it's mostly the familiarity and good sex. Basically just killing time and having fun until I find someone new.

0|0
    0|0
  • He has a broken heart he would like his EX back in his life he also likes you but he won't ask you out just yet as he is waiting to see if he can get his EX back first /if he gets back with his EX in the long run it won't work out it will end badly

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually they are afraid they will never find someone else and in a lot of cases that is exactly what happens so they hang on to the idea that everything will work out.

1|0
    0|0
  • i bet all of these so called guys staring at you are talking to their friends and girlfriends saying, "why is kez always staring at me? can't she got off my cawk already"?

0|0
    0|0
  • The sex was too goood. We're so physically compatible and he smells delicious all the time!

1|0
    0|0
  • All of the above except feeling sorry for the ex are very likely.

I have never gone back to an ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • Really blow his mind! ๐Ÿคฏ Go and ask him out. It will probably make his year!

1|0
    0|0
  • still have feelings hard change what ya known and loved for long time overnight

1|0
    0|0
    • no not always end bad ur heads need be trying make it better but

• what ya up 2 wheres ya outside of here come say hello lol ๐Ÿ˜’

• I got back with my ex because I have a hard time saying no to people. Bad idea. >~<

1|0
    0|0
  • I got back with my ex last summer. The sex was simply that good.

1|0
    0|0
  • They still have feelings for them ๐Ÿ’” // can't get over them

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes getting back with a ex , ends up ending badly and people get no where , always remember a ex is ex for a reason :) :-D

• Sometimes the evil you know is better then the one you don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Heโ€™s into you. Not his ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • because they are comfortable with what they know

1|0
    0|0
  • They can't find anyone else

1|0
    0|0
  • Because theyโ€™re fucking stupid

2|0
    0|0
  • There's no logical reason for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • NEVER DO THAT. Itโ€™s just a waste of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could be any of those.

1|0
    0|0
  • Could be any of the above. Personally, I couldn't ever see me doing it. You split up with someone for a reason so why go back?

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually they or someone else (for instance, the ex boyfriend/girlfriend) have contributed to breaking their self-esteem to the point that they don't think they deserve better than the trash that they get. So they come to a point where they think this is the best they can get; leading them to seeing the good in the shitty boyfriend/girlfriend they have in front of them. So then they start defending them and say "oh but he/she said sorry!", "They feel bad for doing that", "he/she didn't mean it!"

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes