Guys, Why did my ex 6 years ago messaged me on Facebook?

Chase was my high school sweetheart and he was my first love and first boyfriend. I dated him from 9th grade through 11th grade. We have been in a on-and-off relationship for 3 years. Chase has broken my heart a couple times because he cheated on me more than once, touched me inappropriately in the school hallway, told his guy friends that I have STDs. Chase gave me an STD once after he fucked another girl and his guy friends knew about it. I was furious.
I lost my virginity in the school restroom with him while I was supposed to be in math class. (I know I was a dumb teenager.) Whenever he sees a girl, he would talk to her with or without me. I know he’s a player and my brain says no but my heart says yes. I caught him in the act one time touch this girl’s you know what. I ran and cried home thinking myself, “Am I not pretty?” After his senior prom which is my junior year, I broke it off with Chase completely. I was so done at that point. He graduated and went off to college. He never contacted me until 3 years later which is 2016.
Then in July 2, 2018, Chase contacted me via Facebook asking me, “you ok?” “i heard you told everyone you’re going to commit suicide.”
Look I’m single at this point and I’m trying to focus on myself to be a better person. So guys, do you think he’s playing games with me? Or he just wants me back? I had the feeling he wants to hurt me again but I want to be strong and just reject him out of my life.

14

Most Helpful Guys

• He just wants to fuck you. Chase is the type of guy who takes the easy way any chance he gets. Him pretending to care like he's interested in how you are doing is an insult. He is only contacting now is his way of taking the easy way. Don't get hurt again. Keep your eyes open for a real man. A man who respects you enough to spend time with you and enjoys who you are. Someone who considers you a friend. Chase is f#ckboi material. He is not boyfriend material.

• Listen at this point it doesn't matter if he's playing games or not Chase is toxic and you need to stay away from him he don't mean you no good he never did. HE useD you for what he wanted which obviously was sex. I don't mean to come off rude but you need to hear this Just keep this in mind God decides who comes into your life you decide who stays. He's your ex for a reason. LEAVE THE PAST IN THE PAST! YOU FEEL ME?